Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A good way to clean your Tesoro (and maybe others? )

SkiWhiz

I have a Tesoro Bandido uMax that I am going to sell and it had a couple permanent ink marks/lines on the faceplate. The person that had it before me made a mark where a nickel and a zinc penny discs out. I didn't like the looks of the marks so I got a q-tip and put a very small dab of toothpaste on it and rubbed the permanent ink marks and they came right off. After wiping down the faceplate and the side decals the detector looks about as close to new as you can get.

Good tip!!!

Hi Steve, as Stefan said , that is a good tip and may encourage others to tidy up their machines some when they are wanting to sell or trade them. I've seen some machines on line for sale that looked like they had just been drug through a mud hole. That always causes me a ?? moment to be wondering how well the machine has been cared for. I always put a little spot of masking tape on the faceplate when I want to mark the nobs, so it could just be peeled off if need be. An old tooth brush is just fine for cleaning the nob grooves too. A slightly damp cloth works wonders over the whole machine to get the dirt and dust off and even a lite waxing can make an old machine sparkle again ! Same goes for maybe a little soap and water scrub on the coil! Not that I'm suggesting hiding any flaws or whatever but when getting a new /old machine we all have that bit of excitement of something new to us and a grungy machine says as much about the sender as it does about how it was maintained! Like that commercial used to say, " Look sharp! Be sharp" HH, Charlie

Something that I do is go over everything with a cloth that I put furniture polish on it. That really cleans it up and it looks nice... KEN

Good to hear from you, Steve. On another note, I came across the tip of using a large eraser to spotlessly clean a cell phone faceplate and figure it might work on the detectors with visual faceplates.

I use Pro Honda Spray Cleaner and Polish on my detectors to keep them looking nice. It works on plastic,chrome,,paint,, and aluminum.
Spray it on a soft cloth and wipe the detector down. It works on cellphone screens, computer monitors, and it's great for detailing your bike also.
You can buy it on ebay or any Honda dealership.....16 oz.can is around six dollars.

Roger

Hoser John said:
Good old school rubbing alcohol-isopropyl works mighty fine with half water and leaves it streak free. John
I am sure it works good but I am always nervous using alcohol.