Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Good Week for Me

RLOH

I have been detecting the same places for way too long. A good day for me is a wheat penny or two. Some days I hunt for three hours and find three or four coins. I have taken to digging odd sounding, iffy signals hoping for something decent, but my pouch is usually crammed with trash.

My part of the country has been extremely dry and I have purposely stayed home for most of the last month. We finally got three inches of rain in the last week or so. I headed back to my dried out parks and schools. I was happy to be detecting after the month of staying home. I got out four time in the last week. I found silver coins every time out, with two silver days twice. I also added two buffalo nickels and two small gold pieces. The gold both came in around nickel numbers. I have started digging numbers between 12 and 17. The small gold came in 16-17 and the buffalo nickels were 12-13.

I also experimented with comparing signals. When I had what I thought was a deep coin, I toggled between high and low trash density. I did not find any lose of depth with high engaged. I prefer the slightly faster response of the high setting. Four of the silver coins I dug were 8 inches deep. The Safari is a great detector for the money and I actually prefer the interface more than the other Explorers-Etracs.

Thank you RLOH awesome to see someone uses the Safari like i do lol i love how the Safari pulls deep silver.But like you my luck has been minimal lately and im find im skipping and not digging every medium conductor target in the gold range, should i be? If you dont mind me asking what is your general settings? I always use the 11fbs coil it seems to work well for me. I really want to learn this unit i like the ways it handles and sounds awesome all around detector. Any info for tje use pf the safari would help ypu can pm me if you like. Thank you

I use manual sens 16, threshold barely audible(9), volume max, and the fast trash density. I believe you have to get the sens to at least 15-16 to achieve maximum depth. There are some drawbacks to this higher manual setting. I will dig some deeper rusty iron that comes in at 39. I always turn 90 degrees and if you are using a lower sens setting, the iron is usually gone. With the sens at 16 the high tone and high number will show up with this deeper rusty iron. I can tell iron from a deep coin just by how shrill the high tone is coming in. It is not foolproof and I dig my share of rusty iron. Coins at depth are much softer sounding.

I have owned every FBS detector except for the 3030 and the Safari will do everything the others do. I do miss the crosshairs. They do provide another level of target signature.

Thays pretty much how i run mine but do ypu run coin or cpin jewelry or something else and what numbers dp ypu notch put?

Sorry, I forgot my disc settings. I crossed saved a relic program with conductive sounds and iron notched(-10-0). When I get into heavy trash, I switch to a saved coin and jewelery program with the sens at manual 16 and fast trash density.

RLOH said:
I have been detecting the same places for way too long. A good day for me is a wheat penny or two. Some days I hunt for three hours and find three or four coins. I have taken to digging odd sounding, iffy signals hoping for something decent, but my pouch is usually crammed with trash.

My part of the country has been extremely dry and I have purposely stayed home for most of the last month. We finally got three inches of rain in the last week or so. I headed back to my dried out parks and schools. I was happy to be detecting after the month of staying home. I got out four time in the last week. I found silver coins every time out, with two silver days twice. I also added two buffalo nickels and two small gold pieces. The gold both came in around nickel numbers. I have started digging numbers between 12 and 17. The small gold came in 16-17 and the buffalo nickels were 12-13.

I also experimented with comparing signals. When I had what I thought was a deep coin, I toggled between high and low trash density. I did not find any lose of depth with high engaged. I prefer the slightly faster response of the high setting. Four of the silver coins I dug were 8 inches deep. The Safari is a great detector for the money and I actually prefer the interface more than the other Explorers-Etracs.

Just curious and wondering what the gold pieces were? I'm guessing jewelry and not coins? The gold that I have found has had usually a nickel sound but it does vary according to the size/configuration i.e. ring, chain or jewelry.

Goldstrike, two pendents. One a peace symbol and the other looks like something off of a necklace. Both about 1/2 inch across. Today I found a shallow 10k ring. Big enough for a small man or a large woman. It had a missing gem. Scoured the hole and was not there. Came in solid 14 number and about two inches deep.