Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A great 1hr. hunt

dirt doctor

I hunted my next door neighbors for about an hour last night . I hit the two main lawns (weed patches like mine ) and found nothing. I hit the third smaller lawn and things started happening .2 clad dimes , 2 wheats , 1 memorial ,1 car wash token and the best of all a very worn 1900 Morgan . It hit a solid , consistent 37 on the Nox and was about 4 to 5 inches deep . This is my second Silver Dollar ( both Morgans ) of my metal detecting career . . I washed this with dishwater detergent and I will clean it no further as it is already worn enough . Needless to say this coin has made my year .Prior to this my only other coins of note for this year were a dateless, worn Buffalo Nickel , 2 Rosies 1947+1957 and about a half a dozen common date wheats . A very exciting evening for me indeed !
Sorry the pictures didn't come out too cool , I never got around to buying a newer , more forgiving camera .

Attachments

• IMG_1856.JPG
    IMG_1856.JPG
    506.7 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_1862.JPG
    IMG_1862.JPG
    648.4 KB · Views: 140
  • IMG_1888.JPG
    IMG_1888.JPG
    779.3 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_1923.JPG
    IMG_1923.JPG
    779.4 KB · Views: 122
Wow!! Congrats! A fantastic hunt indeed!!
A Morgan silver dollar is still on my bucket list.

I hunted my next door neighbors for about an hour last night . I hit the two main lawns (weed patches like mine ) and found nothing. I hit the third smaller lawn and things started happening .2 clad dimes , 2 wheats , 1 memorial ,1 car wash token and the best of all a very worn 1900 Morgan . It hit a solid , consistent 37 on the Nox and was about 4 to 5 inches deep . This is my second Silver Dollar ( both Morgans ) of my metal detecting career . . I washed this with dishwater detergent and I will clean it no further as it is already worn enough . Needless to say this coin has made my year .Prior to this my only other coins of note for this year were a dateless, worn Buffalo Nickel , 2 Rosies 1947+1957 and about a half a dozen common date wheats . A very exciting evening for me indeed !
Sorry the pictures didn't come out too cool , I never got around to buying a newer , more forgiving camera .
Nice finds. Jim

Nice, congratulations I'm jealous, still on my list.

Anytime a big chunk of silver change comes up out of retirement its a good day!! Congrats!!!!!

I bet that was a shocker finding that Morgan Dollar!!!!
A nice chunk of silver.
Looks like maybe it was in a fire... did the house date back very far?
Yes , a shocker indeed ! Somebody else on another forum said it had been in a fire and I'm pretty sure it has with its slightly bubbly texture . . The house is a 1950's single level , ranch style home on a slab . Not all that old but before the homes were built It had previously been ranch land and there had been a large barn nearby . I have found old square nails here , My and the
neighboring houses have given me quite a few Mercs , silver Rosies and wheats over the years . Thanks for looking .

Yes , a shocker indeed ! Somebody else on another forum said it had been in a fire and I'm pretty sure it has with its slightly bubbly texture . . The house is a 1950's single level , ranch style home on a slab . Not all that old but before the homes were built It had previously been ranch land and there had been a large barn nearby . I have found old square nails here , My and the
neighboring houses have given me quite a few Mercs , silver Rosies and wheats over the years . Thanks for looking .
Either way, it is a great find!!
If it could only talk what tales it could tell!!!
👍👍

Try baking soda , make a paste , work in with old tooth brush.

Carver

YES --Very worn but a nice large Silver Coin anyway--Silver always a good find & large Silver even better! Congrats! I think you are going to find another in far better shape! Maybe just my wishful thinking for God to Bless you but the feeling is strong! Good luck & Happy hunting! Ma