Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A green pull tab and some 950

Ian (Japan)

Sunday afternoon hunt with an Ace 150 at a beach nearby.
Was planning to take some photos. Charged the camera battery last night.....got to the beach, opened the camera to take some pics of people digging clams and the "Charge the battery" sign comes on and it automatically shuts down. More like "Change the battery!".....will have to buy another one soon.

No wind, so not so cold.

HH
Ian @ the land of green pull tabs and things :)

Hi Ian and nice to meet you. You did pretty well with the 150, quite a variety of coin and stuff. Is the Ace 150 what you use mostly? I have been wanting to try out a 1350 myself. How is the economy there in Japan Ian? Are there a lot of people into detecting in Japan? I will CU later and God Bless ya Ian and keep up the good detecting.

John Tomlinson, CET
John's Detectors:wave:

Hi John, my two sons have an Ace 150 each. When they aren't using them, like today, I often do. My machine is a Sea Hunter Mark II though. We mainly beach hunt.

Re. the economy. Many sectors have been down for a long time but are gradually improving. Business and consumer confidence is improving quickly too. Maybe it is an opposite to the USA in that the housing prices in many parts have probably peaked there, but here they bottomed and are on a slow rise. Seems to be a large number of new factories going up in Japan too, maybe the Japanese are worried about putting too much into China and want to protect themselves if there are any future problems there. ;)

Have only met two people detecting here (close to the second largest city, Osaka). Think there are more into it in Okinawa though. Maybe if, or more like, when the price of gold/platinum etc. increases there could be more people getting into it. :)

HH

Ian,another great collection of stuff :clap:. I like the coin slot.....maybe the contents of the machine are still waiting for you:thumbup:

A nice collection of sinkers as well. Is the little cage part of a sinker assembly? If it is part of a sinker assembly what would be its purpose?

Some nice silver too !

Cheers!

Small shrimp/krill are put into the cage under a string of artificial flies (e.g. eight). There is some lead at the bottom of the cage (I call it a chum dispenser) to make it sink. Raise and lower it in the sea and the shrimp will fall out attracting fish to the shrimp and also hooks. Very effective way to catch many species. In the Tokyo region the cage is placed above the hooks. My part of western Japan they are usually below the hooks. Both ways work. There are much larger ones available for deepwater fishing too.

HH