Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Hidden Cache........Maybe

frankj3

Flash back to the mid 1960's.
Living in small town U.S.A., I can recall finally making it to Jr. High and enjoying the "priveledge" of getting to leave campus for lunch. So what? Lots of people got to do that.

Back then, there were 2 different drug stores, each with a sandwich shop and catering to the students. Both were within walking distance of the school. One was a straight walk just 3 blocks up the road. The other was about the same distance......except in the opposite direction, across the vacant field and along a drainage ditch. I can only imagine how many silver coins have been dropped along the trail and in that vacant lot!!!

Flash forward to early 1990's.
I am coaching a little league baseball team. I have a player on my team with absolutely NO baseball skills whatsoever. His mother has more baseball playing ambition than he does. But I managed to instill a love of the game in this youngster. To this day, some 20 or so years later, he still calls me "coach."

Now flash forward to 2014.
Guess who owns the still vacant property that thousands of Jr High students walked through on their way to and from lunch everyday? Yep, my ball player!! He has quietly become a successful real estate entrepreneur. And guess who has secured permission to hunt this lot and trail? Oh yeah, good ol' Coach!!

I have been looking around at a lot of locations I think could hold silver and other old coins, jewelry, and relics. I've only seen 2 other detectorists consistently hunting in my town. Neither of them are originally from here, so I doubt they are aware of this possible honey hole. For now, this honey hole will remain my secret location.

So here's to hoping that in the very near future I will be posting pics and vids of my finds. Who knows, maybe I can instill in him another kind of pastime to love.

HH y'all.

Frank

That sounds like a great place to hunt. You might want to do some research on the vacant field and see how far back it's history goes. Also since your ball player is into real estate, he may be able to hook you up to some great properties to hunt. The best of luck! Jeff

I was born and raised here. The lot is in the middle of town. There has never been any development on it. My in law's family owned the adjacent property for nearly 70 years, until about 5 years ago.

However, I know EXACTLY where the trail was because it ran right beside the ditch that is still there. I am sooo looking forward to hunting this property. One would assume (but we all know what the means) that there has to be some pre-64 silver lost along the trail.

Time will tell.......

HH y'all.

Frank

This is Great! :clapping:
Funny how Life works out sometimes? I found a "Kid trail" a few years back, it cut across from in front of an old school across a greenway, and down an unpaved alley, exited behind the Polish Hall, and took another diagonal across a corner lot..loaded up like you said, found one gold ring my Wife wears to this day, and all sorts of junk jewelry, clad and a few deep silver rosies...So I started looking for other "kid trails" and sure enough, where ever there was an old school, theres a kid trail radiating out of it somewhere...either to a neighborhood, or a swimming hole, or someplace...one heads straight out to the nearest swimming hole, and that place was loaded with silver coins, old boyscout knife, all sorts of kid stuff. I got 3 silver rosies in one day, a merc a few days later, and a buddy of mine I told about it went in there and found a seated Q!...

You got a good thing going there, Coach!:thumbup: A fellow can find an old school by satellite in any town and figure out the kid trails based upon the layout of the area...
Mud

Mud, I am hoping this "kids trail" turns out to be my "honey hole!" We had about 2-4 inches of rain fall today so I'll most likely wait until this weekend to start hunting.

I told my wife on Sunday that I was having so much fun MD'ing that I really don't have a desire to play golf right now. Thought I was going to have to call 9-1-1 on that one!! :surprised:

Having this much fun doing anything "legal" has to be "illegal" somewhere, right?!?!?! :clapping:

HH y'all.

Frank

I know right? I didnt even buy a fishing license last year! A first for me in 50 yrs...this detecting is really something!:detecting:
Mud