Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A larger coil for field/pasture hunting, opinions wanted.

Would like to hear from those that own or have used all 3 currently available dues coils. I have been considering either the 11" or the 11"x 13" coil for additional coverage when detecting wide open fields and farm ground..

Which would be your choice and other than the obvious footprint and weight, are there any distinct differences from the 9" coil?

Thanks in advance!

I have the 11in coil and its great, works good on coins & civil war area. 11 is your best all around way to go.

Thanks for the reply. One issue I am wondering about is battery life on a full charge on the 11 and 13x11 vs the 9.
Wished I would have thought to ask about the two larger coils at bootcamp.

Mark

The 11" coil features the latest winding and construction which makes the coil lighter. The mounting location is also such that it balances better.

You might get a slight increase in coverage with each sweep but the 11" will give you an edge on detection depth due to the coil design and alows you to hunt all day without worrying about the balance.

Battery life is 10+ hours so you will get a full day out of any of the Deus coils

If you want more information on the coils or take advantage of the Bootcamp vouchers that were in your floder, feel free to get with me or Charlene

Andy

I too am looking at a larger coil also but am a little confused with the diff between the 11 and the 11x13, weight being my concern, the 11x13 (bare) quoted as being 600gr on official site but 529gr on OZ site, is there two versions of the 11x13? Or is the lower shaft that comes with the 11x13 included in its weight on official site?

I have all 3 current coils, but usually I use the 11 inch coil. The 11x13 is too head weight, so while it covers more area and gains _slightly_ more depth, I use it only, if each mm of depth counts, like on specific archeaological prospections. It's nothing for a multi hour search (my longest beach time with it was 5 hours, then I switched back to the small at the time, in which the 11 inch did not exist yet)..
The small coil has its place on frsh cut corn fields, in trashy areas or if the luggage volume must be limited.
Best greetings from Germany
Olaf

The 11X13 is just barely minimally deeper than the 11". I prefer the 11" for my main hunting due to better weight charactertistics. I've neglected my 9" coil (sadly) but coulkd bve a good spare in certain situations.

I should really consider selling the 11X13 ... <smile> any takers?

Joe

Settled for the 13x11, very happy with results so far, have found after getting a shallow signal that has good ID, by scanning just with the tip of coil, with coil at R/A to ground can centre signal and still gives the good ID,(RC on wrist band) great for separating close signals and tackling the right signal with the pinpointer.

did you sell your 11x13 coil? I'd be interested in hearing about it. My email is raildog59@aol.com
Kenny