Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A late ID

TerryEastTexas

I was going through some of my silver finds and trying to clean them. This one was the worst coin and I hadn't been able to ID it because it was so dirty and partially melted. Well, after cleaning it and getting rid of a lot of the crud on it, if you look closely it turns out to be a Seated Liberty Quarter. Surprised the heck out of me. You can make out the base, rock, on which she sat and also can make out 3 stars along the edge. It's funny because I have had a Seated anything on my bucket list. Also I found it 4 years ago and has been sitting in my coin and token album.
100_4160.JPG

Thanks Jim.
Mark I haven't been able to. It's just too distorted where the date is. I looked it up in the read book and it listed the dates from 1838-1891.

I swear sometimes when you sit and actually clean and give everything a second look you discover second life in the trash bins.....

Wow Terry that's awesome!! No matter the shape in my mind they still count. Sometimes me or my brother will find
just the back or face of an eagle button and I tell him "don't matter they still count." Congrats on the bucket lister!!
HH okie

Wow Terry that's awesome!! No matter the shape in my mind they still count. Sometimes me or my brother will find
just the back or face of an eagle button and I tell him "don't matter they still count." Congrats on the bucket lister!!
HH okie
Thanks okierebel I feel the same way.