Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

a little bit of out of town detecting

detectorguy

I was attending a class for 3 days that ran from 8:30 to 4:30 every day with the potential of getting out early every day (which we did). The class was about 60 miles away from home and I knew there were some old parks in that city so I loaded my detector and a change of clothes in the back of the truck to do a little detecting after class on Monday and again on Wednesday. Monday was WET, WET, WET, but there was a little opening in the weather after class that allowed me about 90 minutes of swinging time. The only good find was a square 1 1/2 cent Illinois tax token. Went back to the same park on a gorgeous Wednesday afternoon after we were finished with class real early and hit it for about 2 hours. I found the top of a girls 1946 10ct gold class ring (band broken off) with no school identifier or name engraved. I found 2 "V" nickels - 1901 and 1888 as well as 2 wheats - 1910 and 1919. No silver, but I'll definitely be taking a trip over to hunt that park again. Sorry, no camera to take pictures of my finds.