Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A little concerned

HEBEGB

I guess that I just need to vent a little. I had sent my AT Pro back to Garrett a couple of weeks ago due to it's loss of ground balance, depth, and it also had the falsing issue. I had not had a chance to have this unit out in the field at all, so it was brand spanking new. I got it back on Tuesday 03/22 and guess what . . . it was scratched up really, really bad. The coil looked like someone had skipped it across a parking lot. These scratches didn't come from shipping, they most definitely came from a tool. There were multiple gouges on the sides of the coil, a few on the top and the cable, and the bottom looked like someone had used 60 grit sandpaper on it. The control box had a some minor scratching on it as well (not the way I sent it to them). Anyway, I wrote an e-mail explaining my disappointment and received a call from sales the next day. He told me that he would send me a shipping label, and to go ahead and send it back and as soon as he had seen that it had been shipped, he would send me a new one. I shipped it on Thursday 03/24, sent him another e-mail with the UPS link, and he sent me back an e-mail on Friday 03/25 with a tracking number that my new detector had shipped. Guess what . . . the tracking number that he provided was for my original/"repaired" unit that had shipped on 3/18 and I had received on 03/22. I hope to God that I don't get screwed out of a detector because of someone's lack of attention to detail!

they'll take care of you. look at it from their view. they have repaired or replace hundreds , if not thousands of these coils in the great "falsing" send in.
No one is going to try to beat you out of anything.
I'm suspicious by nature, but I do trust Garrett to do the right thing. Happy hunting.

Garrett will make things right in the end. You might have a slight communication gap going on. But keep a cool head and let a good company take care of you.

Just seems like a slight communication breakdown. If I were you I would ask for a new updated UPS tracking number. Explain that the tracking number they had given you was from before. Best of luck to ya. I'm sure that Garrett's will take care of ya!:biggrin: Happy Hunting!:)

metalhead said:
Just seems like a slight communication breakdown. If I were you I would ask for a new updated UPS tracking number. Explain that the tracking number they had given you was from before. Best of luck to ya. I'm sure that Garrett's will take care of ya!:biggrin: Happy Hunting!:)

That is exactly what I did. Just waiting to hear back from them.

JOE in MD said:
skip the e-mail and call them. They will make good on your problem.
I have to agree there. I emailed them but never received any response. Got my answer via the telephone...

Hebegb

You need to speak to Marya Tramel at Garrett. I had the same problem when i got mine back, It looked liked it was used, heavy scratches on the bottom of the coil. I tried out the machine, guess what, I had the same problem of falsing. Now I had a machine that was not fixed and on top of that(used coil) Yes, I was mad. Spoke to Marya at Garrett, I told her I was very disappointed. I sent the machine back on their dime again and they got it right this time. She told me that scratches may be from when they tested the machine. Well anyway, the machine is working fine. They send me as a gift, a stainless steel trowel. Mostly everybody is getting one of those Texas twister tools. Hang in there, Garrett will get it right.

I had trouble with my new out of the box Sea Hunter not acting right. Sue sent me a UPS shipping tag and machine is on it's way back. She said sounds like it has a loose chip inside the unit, hope they fix it quick or send me another one, either way, she was very courteous and helpful, hopefully it won't be scratched up.....Good luck to you. John

Just got mine back today, and I received a new coil. It looked like it came right off the assembly line. I would be as disappointed as you, if it was scratched up. It's not like they are giving these machines away. I imagine that Garrett looks at so many that they probably stop noticing the particular details of certain items....such as scratches. Not an excuse because we all purchased brand new units and I am sure all of us try and take care of our investments. I know I don't like to buy $500 scratched up toys.

Hope you get things straight soon.

Germanshep said:
Just got mine back today, and I received a new coil. It looked like it came right off the assembly line. I would be as disappointed as you, if it was scratched up. It's not like they are giving these machines away. I imagine that Garrett looks at so many that they probably stop noticing the particular details of certain items....such as scratches. Not an excuse because we all purchased brand new units and I am sure all of us try and take care of our investments. I know I don't like to buy $500 scratched up toys.

Hope you get things straight soon.

My thoughts and feelings EXACTLY! I have received an e-mail from them with an updated FED-EX tracking number that says it's expected delivery is tomorrow. I hope to God it's a new machine staring back at me when I open the box.

To be honest, if I had received mine back with some scratches on it but it was in top working condition, I would just use it because it is going to get scratched when I use it anyway. To each their own.

Jerry