Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A little help needed!!

garthbfan

Saw my ex brother in law tonight and he had a little surprise for me. He said he pick up a metal detector at a local auction for 10 dollars!! I said sweet let me check it out. He wasn't sure if it worked. He asked me to check it out to see if it works. Will be looking at it tomorrow. Will also post photos tomorrow!! It's a Search Master Model DX 8500. Made by first Texas Manufacturing Co. El Paso, Texas. On the front of it it says Tracker. Has four adj. Sensitivity, Discriminate, Volume and Ground. Gotta find a manuel for it and put in a 9 volt battery!! I think it's a Bounty Hunter. Any info including where I could get a manuel for it would be a help!! Thanks in advance!!

Here are the pics. Any info anyone can give me on this machine would be awesome!

That looks like an oldie. You might have some trouble getting any info on it. Unless you can find someone that owns one.

It looks like fairly simple controls. Should be able to figure it out without a manual. The ground balance ,if you have never had a machine with it b4. Might give you a few questions ,but its pretty simple. It has to be set each outing.
Most new machines do this automatic. But it can have some advantages.

Let me know if you if you would like my opionion on how to set it. I used one(a compass) many years ago that was similar.

Good Luck

Ask for help on the Metal Detecting forum, more people will see your post, maybe someone who owned one years ago.

Here is the URL for the Harbor Freight 9 function metal detector.
http://www.harborfreight.com/manuals/43000-43999/43149.PDF

It has similar controls and might give some insight into how to operate the old BH model.

Mark
Elite 2200

Thanks for the comments!!:detecting: