Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A little help with the E-trac

Was wondering if anybody has a little info to help me out and understand my E-Trac a little better. I do a lot of beach hunting in Southern California and I seem to do pretty well except for one thing. When I am detecting I find lots of coins like quarters dimes nickels and pennies. Also a few rings here and there. I have never found a big time gold ring or bracelet or necklace or Cellphones Etc. Is it just fate for me or am I doing something wrong ? I know how to read the FE_CO numbers I think pretty good and can decide what to dig or not. Other detectorists that dig the same beach always seem to find the best rings and jewelry Etc. I use the pre-loaded beach mode for most of the time and I also open the mask with no discrimination that's when I see all the iron junk tent stakes and nails.. I also have Andy's park program loaded and was told to try that also. Am I doing something wrong or is it just my luck of the draw. I have been swinging this thing for about a year and a half. Any help from the E-Track community would be totally appreciated. I want to do better ! Thanks everyone

As u2 says, dig everything.

It could be you are doing nothing wrong, and your coil hasn't passed over any gold. It could be you aren't digging everything. Could be you need to hit wet sand... well, the etrac isn't too great in that. In my experience anyway.

Patience, grasshoppah! Look at the size of your coil and the size of that beach. Imagine your coil is a lawnmower and the beach is the lawn.

It is your brain that is discriminating out the gold, the coins are so easy your brain says that don't sound so good so you move on for the next quarter. I don't know the best way to over come that but you may want to run a pass just for coins and then go back over the same area with the on board gold pattern that is factory installed on the E-Trac and see what comes. You got to remember Gold is in the middle of a lot of trash.
Just something to think about,

Ron in WV

If you you found gold every time you went out detecting
everyone and his brother would be detecting.
Oh that's right everyone and his brothers are out detecting. D'oh