Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Little More Silver and Stuff

drkp88

I had been aware of an old house in the area that had been unoccupied for a few years. Driving by Saturday on my way to my girlfriend's house I noticed blue tarp over part of the roof and constriction being done to the house. Naturally, I stopped to talk to the contractor. It's worth a shot, right?
I got the "OK" and since it was raining Sat. I gave it a once over on Sunday.
There were enough targets to know that it probably hadn't been detected before - or at least not well. I amazes me sometimes how some old locations can yield many targets yet few exciting ones. lol
I turned up 12 wheats and a bunch of memorials and clad. The keepers were an IH 1888, Rosie 1947 and a sterling pin,
I also found a flat button and a bunch of odds & ends, some are in the pictures. I think the rectangular brass item might be part of a military shoulder epaulette. I'd like opinions on the oval (concave) piece also.
Thanks for sharing.
Bruce

cool finds brother

Very nice finds, but I have no idea on the oval piece. Is it silver?

No Doug, it seems to be plated brass. It has two holes that must have been used to secure it to something with stitching or such. Also has a spot on the back where there had been some sort of clip. Makes the hobby interesting right? lol