Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

a little more silver

went downtown to escape for a while. few hours. found a rosie and too many undesireables walking around so left to other side of town and met elbie. now he had to use a Garretts Ace 250 he just got on a steal --used once. his Whites dfx was not charged. i used the MXT and cross checked for him some to learn this machine. he found a rosie and a quarter of the good stuff - silver. i found a broken silver ring stone gone but very small - marked sterling. both times i knew his targets were silvers. now elbie is not a newbie but has not gotten to hunt much and he had never found a silver coin before- has some jewelry though. silvers a really hard to come by here in parks and such due to the old pros cleaning up very methodically. we both had ghost signals and never found the targets-- we figured deep pipes. the best part was hunting with a friend and comparing results.

You've got that right about your "best find". It's so great to have a hunting partner. Right Larry? :cheekkiss: Congrats on the silvers also. And what a great experience to see someone dig their first silver! Priceless. Since there were silver coming out of that park, I would definitely go back and play around. Surely if there's that much silver, there's more. Might find a few old coins. Thanks for sharing and HH, Nancy

Nancy we went back and I used another brand X machine some of the time, and this time he had his DFX charged. we got more. He got an 1887 seated dime 5 1/2 down with the DFX. i got 2 rosies and two silver rings, both smashed bad. one was a girl scout cadette ring and the other was a big ole ugly honker full of cz's half gone including the center one, but sterling none the less. a few wheats, clad, junk, plenty zinc roofing nails. i got a past alumni to show me where all the playground stuff etc was before it was removed, so we know the better places. some of the ghost signals are pipes down 1- 1 1/2 foot. i used brand x machine to id them, --but i am so used to it tracing pipes. but i did let my main beloved brand x machine go recently, for the MXT! the MXT maybe not as deep, maybe, here in my soil, but Id and two tone in relic sure helps, more balanced, etc... someone got a really nice brand x for a bargain, good new home, they will excell with it. but i would choose the MXT for my purposes today. the PRO would really be nice with the tones and backlight, maybe a swap one day, maybe....really like this thing. SLOWING DOWN IS MY PROBLEM FROM TEN YRS OF BRAND X EXCLUSIVELY.

My goodness, what a playground of great finds. Congratulations on your finds. You might be able to straighten those rings up as long as they the silver gets a bit warm. Working slowly with it and it might turn out great. I would love seeing the Girl Scout Ring. You don't see those too often.

OK, what is your "brand X" machine? Minelab? Larry has his 3030 and loves it. It's usually his "go to" detector.

HH,
Nancy

dixiedigger57 said:
the best part was hunting with a friend and comparing results.

I am a die hard jewelry hunter. I am out for the gold.
( 18 years in the car biz will do that to you ). Always been a loner.
But, there is no greater joy or contentment, then spending a day or few hours, hunting with my friends, win lose or draw.
I have only a few true friends, but they are 24 K to me.
Good luck to ya and happy hunting.

hey Nancy! computer is in the shop and work units been down too so cannot post. BEFORE i got my MXT i used Tesoros. i had an Eldorado original- now at a good home to someone who used one before, an Amigo II- sent to a friend in California to sandbox hunt with, but i kept my Silver Sabre Plus. and always will. its a great simple unit. i have a hearing loss just short of an aid, and had never had digital before. Old California st me up with the MXT and i have not looked back. i am down to two machines now- the MXT and Sabre. I have an older Compass xp350 being modded by old California. i have realized unless you are his caliber, its better to master a few machines than have a bunch you can half use. so i do keep the sabre

That's so cool about you sending your machine to a friend. :thumbup: I'm sure they're having a grand time hunting those tot lots. Hey, nothing wrong with them for you can find all kinds of goodies. In fact, Larry found a gold 20 Franc in one that had been there a few years for it was past the shredded tire rubber and in the clay.

Glad you've got your computer back and up and running. That's the way to get a lot of use out of all you machines. I only have the MXT, but I honestly love it and know it like the back of my hand. Larry on the other hand has many detectors but then he knows them all also. I've thought about getting a Minelab, but then I don't think I would use it enough to justify the purchase.

Thanks for posting and HH,
Nancy