Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A little Mother's Day gold with the F75 LTD with DST

Mike Hillis

My F75LTD/DST model has proven itself highly EMI resistant and extremely sensitive to the tiniest gold jewelry and it is has become my detector of choice for my wood chip playground gold patches. I run it with the little narrow 5x10" DD coil, 99 Sensitivity, 0 Disc, 1N tone, in JE mode and it doesn't miss the tiniest of targets. I use JE over Boost because I can sweep JE faster. And the 1N tone mode has built in iron rejection that is below the 2tone ferrous range so I get extra small non-ferrous with it while maintaining some ferrous rejection. Works very well for me. Hadn't been wood-chipping in while and it was nice to get out with it.

This little beauty came out of elementary school's wood chip playground yesterday morning. A solid 23 TID number. I got some small trash gold too (18k white gold plated clasp items) but the real keeper was this beauty. Marked 10k and CZ. So the stones are most likely cubic zirconia. Wife has officially claimed it as a Mother's Day present.

HH
Mike

[attachment 358234 DSCN4303a.jpg] [attachment 358235 DSCN4304a.jpg]

Nice recovery Mike.

Beautiful ring. The wood chips kept it in nice condition. Good job.

Very nice. Looks like new.

That is a good one. I love the old stuff but my wife the gold stuff so I should change my detecting sites :) thanks for the reminder

My wife turned into the equal of a checkpoint for drugs: all the contraband (gold) got seized. :help: :cry: