Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A little silver and about a pound of copper

miffdan

My second trip to an old city park netted the usual clad and trash. The two ball fields sit almost at the bottom of a bowl with sloping hills rising up on 3 sides. One hill is terraced so I anticipated people would sit up there to watch the game on the one field. Most of the clad was found there along with the silver earring. Even though the earring was about the size of a quarter it was registering at 79 on my AT Pro so I thought it was a dime or a pre-1981 penny. One thing that does not show in the picture was a foot-long piece of copper piping with an elbow fitting I found in a corner of the park. I typically use a screwdriver to retrieve my targets so one would have thought it would have been a little effort getting it out of the ground. Fortunately, I found the elbow end with the first plunge of the screwdriver and I was able to slip it right out.

Thanks for using minimally invasive extraction techniques. Helps keep our hobby in good standing. The smaller the tool the better for keeping hunting grounds open to detecting.

Silver and some goodies :)

Nice finds!

Nice finds miffdan. I like the silver ear ring! I'm always happy to dig a nice piece of copper like yours. I separate copper, brass and lead and recycle it. I usually cash in for about $1,000 per year. Good hunting! Best of luck and...

Happy Hunting!
Blind Squirrel

Congrats on a nice assortment there!