Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Little Snow Hunting With The Infinium Today

John-Edmonton

Staff member
off2.jpg

This is the kind of day it was.....it was planned a couple of days ago, and to my surprise, snow showed up over night. Nothing new hunting in the snow in my neck of the woods, I met my buddy Barry as planned at a designated spot, and we got our gear ready for another hunt. A little overkill on Barry's part was a can of mosquito repellent, but you just never know what consequences could just show up around this neck of the woods.

I used my Garrett Infinium + Garrett GTI 2500. Barry used his GTI 1500. Both imaging Garretts used the sniper coil, a preferred weapon when hunting in the woods. The first pic shows the downtown skyline with a low cloud base.

fourpartwaterhunt2.jpg

I spent the first 1 1/2 hour hunting with my Infinium. But, there was just too much iron for a PI detector, and I was getting cold feet splashing along in the creek. I stopped hunting when my first coin showed up.

barryandcufflink2.jpg

I headed back to my car and switched over to the Garrett GTI 2500, as I was going to land hunt in the woods for the rest of the day. After getting several coins, I got an iffy signal, walked away, then stopped, as my gut feeling was that I should dig it anyways. A nice cuff link showed up, withe typical "U" UNCAS hallmark. It's probably been a while since people wore cuff links around here, never the less in the woods.

totalfinds2.jpg

Here's the keepers for the day. No complaints from me. Even a new penny at this time of year is good.

ringcomparison2.jpg

And my "NITO"..... I thought I dug up a gold coin ring with the person's head perfectly cut out. Boy, was I wrong. It was just an older ring made to look like gold. Nothing wrong with getting your nervous system revved up at times....

dogtags2.jpg

By buddy did real well today, especially with those two old dog tags. He also got some other loot, but it wasn't photographed.

We left the location, met at a local A&W and yakked about some great hunts from the past.......