Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A little TID experiment this past weekend

yowow#1

I was detecting at a trashy site this weekend and was digging a lot of trash and some clad. So i decided since i had all my detectors with me i would do a little TID experiment "to dig or not to dig". The detectors i used are shown, and my last 6 trashy targets are shown. and i say whether i would of dug based on how they responded to the last 6 targets that i detected.

Whites V3i = hated them. I wouldn't have dug any of them.

xterra 705 = gave a 30-32 TID. "screw cap in my ground". I wouldn't have dug them.

Tesoro Vaquero = I would have dug them all. good solid signal on all targets. Wouldn't been able to resist:)

GOOD HUNTING

Not surprising as the V3i gives more target info than any other detector made.

The V3i is pretty incredible, it gave the blue as the strongest signal on all the trash signals, along with it wouldn't lock on a TID "jumped all around". Pretty impressive TID i think. Good hunting to all.

Yeah, that is why I would never use a beep and dig. I understand people like them, but have seen people use the Vaq and perfect sounding signals come up trash. Granted no machine will be perfect, but Tesoro beep and digs and other brand beep and digs are not for me.

Don't get me wrong. i really like the vaquero or i wouldn't own it. In places that are hard to get too and hold very few targets, i'm gonna dig everything. The Vaquero works perfect for me. 'Light weight and deep,

And here's what the Tek Omega, Gamma, Minelab Exterra, Tesoro Toltec II, White's 5900, Garrett GTA500, Fisher Coinstrike and a few other ID machines missed.
These all came from the same schoolyard I thought I cleaned out with the above machines.
Also, not pictured are about $100 in $1 and 42 coins I cleaned up ans spent along the way.
Most of these targets were from surface to about 6".

These are the clad coins, quarters dimes nickels. Coppers were kept separate.

What was I using a beep and dig, these were all found with my PI using a 7" coil.
http://www.treasurelinx.com/projects.html

I still have two ID machines that perform decently that I still use to maybe scout out a place first.

say those are all aluminum right . , every one could have been a gold ring I would dig them .

kaolinwasher said:
say those are all aluminum right . , every one could have been a gold ring I would dig them .

Not at this trashy site. :rofl: But i understand what you're saying. I just hunt so many trashy sites i can't dig everything. But i just got some info about a wooded hideaway for illegal poker, gambling and drinking back in the fifties and sixties that will give the Vaquero and me a good workout this coming weekend hopefully...Good Hunting.