Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A locket with pictures and a knife...

REVIER

I have found my share of lockets in the last few years, I am sure all of us have, but this one was different than any other because it still had 2 pictures in it and at least one still had a pretty clear image.
THAT never happened before.
It was about 3" deep, been down there a few years at least, and from the look of the glasses on this guy the pic at least seems like it might have been taken back in the 70's or 80's so who knows, it might have been lost that long ago.

Also found a real Victorinox knife in pretty good shape that I think will clean up perfectly and I can finally put one back on my key chain.
I have been looking for one like this for awhile.
For years I had one of these and they can come in more handy than you might think...never know when you might need a blade, scissors or tweezers out there in life.
The problem is I have lost at least 4 of these things when traveling and moving through airports and even though the rules have changed now and they are letting you keep these when you fly, by now I have spent enough on these things in my life up to this point so even though they are only about $20 new finding a free one in good shape is much better than spending any amount money on one at all.
I have found several red ones in the past but not in good shape, and several others that were fakes and don't deserve a place next to my keys as far as I am concerned.
The real deal ones take to sharpening better and keep an edge longer and it is just a quirky little rule I have when it comes to these things...go real or go home.
This thing still has the tweezers and toothpick, too.

One neat and unusual and one usable find on one hunt...it was a good day.

I like your finds. Them glasses could be from the 70s too. Back than I had a pair like that. Would be cool if you could track down that man.... KEN,, IND..

That looks like ME from the 70's :rofl: Great hunting there Revier! I like finding knives for the same reason..makes a guy feel good to find a survival tool...
Mud

Cool finds!:thumbup: I once found a silver locket and the pictures were nearly dust. Sure gets the imagination going though.

Have owned/lost more than my share of that model of Vox knives. Very handy little tool.

These are the findings that I like. Medallion with pictures, who is? a new puzzle to solve? and an authentic and wonderful Swiss Army knife, Victorinox I found a old model. Long time underground. Now take several months under oil. Tempered steel springs were very grungy rusty.
Senda
Grungy... rusty... crunchy ... this language is fun! :rofl: