Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A mode file I have been using for a few hunts now

DiggerODirt

Seems to work well...opened up for steel Wheats too...Open with the E-TRAC Exchange Program...NOT WINDOWS...

http://www.mediafire.com/?i65kxfazpux0zrs

HH,

Looks similar to a pattern I've used recently. Two-Tone conductive doesn't work for me though, not enough info, I'd have to change it to multi tone

On your pattern, if you want to get a bit more depth on the E-Trac you should reduce the unnecessary DISC'd areas. That is, if you can handle low tones with TTF, then remove any DISC until you get to FE30, and keep the DISC from FE30-35.

I prefer this setup because it reduces the amount of DISC areas and the tones you hear from 18-30 are going to be low grunt, while from 31-35 will be nulled. I just get used to ignoring the low tones in TTF. My testing has shown that the more DISC you use the less depth you will have.

Power to the coil remains unchanged. The processing of the received signal causes a loss of sensitivity. The more processing the greater the loss. Most all detectors loose depth (sensitivity) when too much DISC is dialed in. So, the key is to use it only where you need it. It really becomes important when targets are on the fringe of detectability.

I don't understand peoples insistance that depth is actually lost with discrimination. You may not hear as much deep stuff, but that can be attributed to the fact that the signal is weak and may be discriminated out. What happens internally is the microcontroller recieves the input data.. the signal to be proccessed.. and stores it for use. It is unchanged regardless of the discrimination. Then, that signal is ran through the discrimination programming which determines the output we see and hear.

So if I black out the screen and open up ONLY a 5 block at the 12-47 dot, I am NOT going to hit a quarter at 10 inches? I say I will...If you are going slow enough...

HH,

That makes more sense to me. Just like if you use a totally open screen you will detect EVERYTHING. If you use discrimination (blacked out) the Etrac is still detecting the discriminated items(otherwise it couldn't reject them) what you hear are the accepted items. What I like is if you use no discrimination you still get an Fe Co #! So you can mentally choose not to dig the items that don't meet your criteria. I haven't tried that though: I think all the signals(even in not-so-trashy areas) would drive me nuts after a bit.
Smooth23 said:
I don't understand peoples insistance that depth is actually lost with discrimination. You may not hear as much deep stuff, but that can be attributed to the fact that the signal is weak and may be discriminated out. What happens internally is the microcontroller recieves the input data.. the signal to be proccessed.. and stores it for use. It is unchanged regardless of the discrimination. Then, that signal is ran through the discrimination programming which determines the output we see and hear.