Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A neclace found

Grunter

The other day I found a neckless that was so encrusted and black I started to toss it. The links were almost welded together with encrustation. It took quiet a bit of manipulation to get it freed up. I haven't attempted to clean it yet but it has been in the sand so long that it is pitted and I can't see a hallmark of any kind. It was approx. 10 in deep and actually gave a distinct high tone and vdi of 26-28.

I get those crusy SILVER chains a good bit...... they have like a gray crust to um. Most machines will get um pretty deep too.

Congrats on the silver chain!

My problem I have found is that when they get in that condition, they often have lost a lot of silver to sulfide conversion. I have dug what would have been really nice, big chains and there is very little left of them.