Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A new White's detector coming..Rumor ?

I spoke to a White's dealer and was told a new unit is coming out for 2017. He couldn't get into it but did say it will be a pulse unit ...a Rumor :shrug: ??....HH Tim

I found this online :

White’s patented a new metal detecting technology
White’s is going to mix the capabilities of two different types of machines – VLF and Pulse Induction. Looking forward to White’s new super metal detector?

What do you know about VLF and Pulse Induction technologies? For an ordinary treasure hunter it’s enough to know basic principles. VLF detectors are based on the continuous wave principle. These machines provide better discrimination, but can be affected by external factors. For example, ground mineralization reduces detection depth. Pulse Induction detectors, however, still give good detection depth on highly mineralized ground, but have problems with discrimination accuracy.

White’s decided to create a hybrid device by combining two technologies. The patent was verified and confirmed on March 15, 2016 (U.S. Patent No. 9,285,496 В1).

whites-patented-a-new-metal-detecting-technology-02

I threw that idea at them a long time ago. I put it on the whites electronic forum

This is a step in the right direction. I recently heard the other big USA detector manufacturer is combining their current ATMACHINE with their pulse machine.
A new trend that is welcomed.

I was about to invest in a new detector but after hearing this,i think i'll wait a while.I hunt beaches and this is the sort of machine i've been waiting for........sounds good.

Should be out any time, one version of this came thru Nevada gold fields summer 2015, being tested. More revisions to patent in 2016, can't wait to see it.

I would think a water detector to replace the beach hunter???

All this sounds great and hopefully it will come to be but will it beat the TDI Pro in depth? When used all out the TDI Pro has depths that few machines can match and since I hunt saltwater that is how I use it, it would be nice to discriminate some of these unwanted items out but when trying to get the gold rings you still have to dig up the unwanted items so the TDI it is for now. Looking forward to this new machine to see it's potential. HH

Thats the thing is'nt it..........i doubt it will have the ultimate depth of a good pi if it has any "proper" discrim.......but fingers crossed.

i always wonder, if the TDI Pro was so good, why did White's discontinue making it. Unless, they are thinking of a waterproof TDI version...the saga continues

Tim_on_Long_Island said:
i always wonder, if the TDI Pro was so good, why did White's discontinue making it. Unless, they are thinking of a waterproof TDI version...the saga continues

It was the type of battery that the TDI pro used that may well have killed the machine off,its a Li-ion one and most carriers these days wont touch them,so if you cannot transport a detector or a main part of it ie the battery then what use is it ?? that is why the 'sl' version is still being produced as the batteries comply with transport safety regulations.Its a shame as the Pro version is a really nice Pulse machine,i use one and the TDI range has the 'ace' card up its sleeve by being able too use the Minelab GPX/GP range of coils as well,giving you a much wider variety.

I hope a V3i Pro with new firmware and USB programming capability. Or an MXT Pro2 with new display (spectragraph would be nice).

Wayfarer said:
I hope a V3i Pro with new firmware and USB programming capability. Or an MXT Pro2 with new display (spectragraph would be nice).

I'd like anything that is a V3i upgrade as well.

All whites would have to do, is waterproof the mxt pro, maybe tweak some more depth out of it, but keep it stable, add a color display, trim one pound of weight off, and they would say goodbye to the competition for a while. Wireless headphones wouldn't hurt either. They really need to catch up to their competitors on the weight issue.

I think they need to replace the bhid with another beach machine.In other words another dual frequency machine that is good on the wet sand.They have a couple of good pi machines but discontinuing the bhid has left a serious gap........the mx sport has'nt filled it.I believe any new machine will be such a machine so that whites can steal some sales off minelab and fisher.