Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Nice suspender clip

DrumnDetect

Since all my fields are in plant, I've been doing more hunting at a local park. This came up sunday, and I can't find another example anywhere. My guess is around the 1900 mark. Would love any help with the date.
Tc and happy hunting my friends

Attachments

• 20200816_192343.jpg
    20200816_192343.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 82
  • 20200816_192416.jpg
    20200816_192416.jpg
    1.6 MB · Views: 79
Thanks Jeff,
The button was dug about 10 feet away. To to me this is deff. a firemans clip. The Maltes cross was introduced as a fireman symbol in 1865 by the FDNY. I've dug suspender clips before at cellar holes, but this one is special to me. I just can't find it. I feel like I've looked at every late 19th century early 20th fireman pics on the web. Unfortunately they usually have their coats on. Thanks for the kind words.
HH Joel

Waterscoop, Thank you! For me some relics are much better that old silver even. The history behind who made it and who wore it and how I ended up with it is what I love about this hobby.
Tc and happy hunting my friend

Might consider it maybe being a clip on a band uniform???? City/High School bands back in the day had fairly ornate uniforms......