Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Peek AT V3?

mrwilburino

Someone posted this on another forum so I thought I would share it here. This is a youtube video uploaded on 1/16, possibly Russian. The pics are from the video. I don't know anything else about it but if anybody understands the language........please clue us in.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TnC-fYDjdMs

The guy said that those are secret options in version 2.0. Didn't explained how to open it.

Regards

those button settings dont work ,what version is it ?

But that is not a Version 3.0 screen shot . . . . .

There are similar screens on the Minelab Explorer and E-Trac which people thought were "secret" features not released by the factory but in reality they were simply diagnostic tools used during the development phase or by technicians troubleshooting issues when needed.

Many computer programs have these and they are not hidden intentionally but rather serve no use to the end user . . . . .

Andy

Visualisation seems to be a perfect tool to discriminate iron...

It is nothing new, this kind of visualisation does exist for many years in Russian detectors AKA. In real practice it does not work.

To make it clear, I have used AKA Wektor 7262 and Sorex SFT 7280M in the past, both working on the same principle using "hodograf" and while they worked well indoors, in realty I did not have any success with either of them.

Nothing new here its just that someone suddenly found by pressing certain buttons it is revealed.:crylol:

Just a little longer to wait and we will have the V3 settings,meanwhile Iam more than happy with V2.

Having used the Deus for over 3 years it serves me fine as it is, but I have an open mind for any future enhancements. :thumbup: Jerry.

JBM said:
Just a little longer

Everything is relative, by a "little longer" do you mean hours, days, weeks or months?

How hard can it be for XP to officially give users some info on the status of the update?

:drinking: Ill keep patiently waiting, and hope it arrives before the snow melts.

All this hysteria about V3 when we have a great machine to start with! XP has no obligation to release V3, V4 or any other V - there is no public announcement on their website or official announcement anywhere else that I can find. Alain has been kind enough to offer some insights as to what may be included and a general time-frame for its release and now some users see that as a contract. I would guess that for any future versions, he may be more closed-lipped given all the sharp attacks they have gotten about V3 and its release.

I work in software development and understand what can happen when presumed deadlines are reached. Several month delays are not unusual given the manufacturing, marketing, technical and logistical issues involved.

So count me among those who are content with V2 but excited about what the future may bring - just not to the point of hysteria.

I agree... Take a chill pill.
It will get released when it is ready ... and not a second sooner.
The Deus V2.0 is one of the best machines I've run and if V3.0 makes it better ... WooHoo
This is a Hobby that is supposed to be relaxing...
Get out and enjoy... V3.0 will get here when it's ready....

HH

Lets hope its gonna be something interesting.... as some will or may be dissapointed... I for one as is JBM happy with the V2 as it is.......

marsh said:
Lets hope its gonna be something interesting.... as some will or may be dissapointed... I for one as is JBM happy with the V2 as it is.......

I agree. It's hard to improve near perfection. :thumbup:

Hi guys,
the question of this "secret menu" was asked to Alain from Xp Metaldetector on his own forum :

here's in french his answer about it:

Bonjour
Ce sont des fonctions que nous avons pr

A screen that serves little real world purpose . . . . . . think this will give you more information on targets than the standard screens and audio can't?

My head hurts just looking at them . . . . . as I said, the Minelabs all these screens behind the scenes and guess what, they don't help you where it counts . . . .

V3.0 is a coming

Andy

Here is a Bing translation;

Hello These are functions that we preferred not to make public on the output of the DEUS, because we considered them to be complex to be interpreted by a neophyte (beginner), we have hidden, but left in the background, they also sometimes used by the customer service. They are actually available on the V2.0 from the Option menu by pressing Pinpoint and + at the same time. The 1st menu 'Historical land' is a function that displays a histogram (a histogram is a graphical representation) of the phases (historic) soil. This graph allows you to daccumuler all measures effect of soil (from 50 to 90) than the DEUS directed continuously at your scans, you can thus extract the tendency of the surrounding soil, and determine the effect of soil value is dominant then set you on the menu of soil. Means the reset button Reset and can be used a new recording sequence.
The 2nd menu ' display X/Y ' is a true real time oscilloscope XY mode, it allows to view raw signals demodulated, to say whether they are interpreted for make them you more understandable in the form of numeric values (0-99).You will notice that the targets are represented on 360