Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Personal Story Of A Big Day In Larger Picture Of Life, Where A Stupid Little Joking Remark Might Have Two Very Different Outcomes, Good Or Bad, Year

Critterhunter

A while back I was hunting a beach, when I noticed somebody guarding a stretch of sand. I couldn't hear what they said so I moved closer. The lady said "I'm just making sure this sand over here doesn't get walked on until she sees it." I looked and noted that somebody had scrawled out "Will You Marry Me?" in huge letters in the sand. So, of course, I kept my distance from that area.

A little while later a helicopter comes over very low and hovers, and then it was obvious to me, that the man was proposing to her in a helicopter ride. Very cool gesture I thought.

Later, an hour or two perhaps down the road, the girl and guy show up on the beach, and they asked me if I'd mind using their camera to take a picture of them both. I said sure. After a few pictures I joked in good humor to her "Don't get used to him spending money like that. Five years from now it might take some effort to even get him to spring for a pizza."

They both laughed, which is good, as I guess sometimes my sense of humor might rub people the wrong way.

Anyway, so later down the road I was thinking, that they might look back on that moment and laugh and laugh about the remark I made when they relate the story of that big day for them to others in how he proposed to her.

Conversely though, I then had a second thought- Perhaps it might have been the wrong thing to say. Might be every time they argue about money decades from now she throws in his face "I should have listened to that guy years ago who said you wouldn't even spring for a pizza five years from that day!" I could see the guy smacking his forehead and yelling "Not the stupid pizza story again!" :biggrin:

Or, how about this...Somewhere out there is a guy, years from now, quietly polishing a baseball bat in a dark room as he slugs down a bottle of Jack and murmurs to himself..."You have no idea how she's used that line on me over all these years...I don't even have a good comeback line to answer her with...Make a stupid remark like that on my big day will ya? I've got your pizza right here buddy..." :biggrin:

Ha! Funny how the imagination can take flight! Hows about this?...

After a few years, she divorces this arrogant helicopter hiring grandstander, he turned out to be a banker with a law degree, a staunch liberal and democrat, naturally crooked, spending money he did not earn...but she's very smart, and signed an iron clad pre-nup and takes him to the cleaners at the settlement, and is now a divorced millionairess!

...so one morning she goes for a walk down on that very same beach deep in thought about how is she ever going to find a nice down to earth guy to spend her fortune and the rest of her life with?... she remembers the handsome metal detector guy who took their picture and made her laugh with that cryptic comment about pizza...an anonymous stranger who shared her special day those many years ago...then, out of the early morning mist, swinging coil, here you come! After a bit of conversation, you two discover you two were made for each other, she coyly asks you to lunch, at an Italian place, and she pays of course, oh the wonderment and merriment you two had! The funny stories and jokes you told her and how she laughed! The next morning, you meet her at the same spot on the beach, and teach her how to detect, and then you both go on a whirlwind tour of the South Pacific, Adriatic, Med, Australia, Seychelles, Carib, for many years you two travelled the globe detecting and making love in some of the most romantic locations on the Planet!

Then, some grubby looking, whisky drinking, bum walks up to you one day, and says, "I've got your pizza right here, buddy!" and beats you on the head with a baseball bat! See? You had it coming for that smart remark alright!
Mud

:biggrin: Sure, knowing my luck, it can happy just that way. At least it's better than a random beating without a romp in the hay first...:biggrin:

It's funny how even the littlest things people say to you at certain points in life stick in your head. The impact of which they never probably even realized. It is what it is though. Sometimes the smallest remark or action can change life from then on out. I'm not saying it would happen in this case, just saying it has been known to happen.

My sense of humor is sarcastic, dry, and a bit British. Always liked the quirky side of laughter in that respect, so that's where I'm coming from. If it makes people laugh then fine. If it don't, then that's cool tool...I always thought the Naked Gun movies were a laugh a minute, while I can't stand similar movies, so humor is very much in the eye of the beholder, just like love is...