Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A preliminary count of houses lost in the Waldo Canyon fire is 346.

The acres burned is up to 18,500 so far with 32K evacuated. I had a friend that I found about today that was in the evacuation zone. He is currently in a motel room in Dillon, Colorado. I offered and hope he accepts a room at our house. It looks as though the will not be lifting the evacuation area any time soon.

Today was a good day as the fire did not spread very much. We actually had some rain and calmer weather in our area today. Although the rain is still not enough.

Scammers have descended upon the Colorado Springs area. Pam was robo called today from some number in Albuquerque, New Mexico to donate on behalf of the Red Cross. It was a scam and she hung up and sent the info to one of the local news channels. Others are going door to door asking for donations on behalf of Care and Share. Thing is, Care and Share does not and never will go door to door to ask for donations. People can certainly be scum when tragic opportunities present themselves. :rant:

The following is a link to a high resolution air photo of the devastation in the Mountain Shadows area. You can download the picture and zoom into areas to get a better look at the homes lost. The password to download the photo is "fire".

http://wark.photoshelter.com/gallery-image/Waldo-overall-free-download-for-personal-use/G0000WKvGVhBVaQ0/I0000uzOHqn7s5SM

bring back the beauty of the trees and mountains as they once were! My family and I vistited the Cave of the Winds and the Garden of the God's while on vacation back in the 60's! Hope and pray you and Pam remain safe! :angel: Ma