Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Princess and a Paddle...Participation and Persistence Payoff!

mudpuppy

Up early and out while the traffic lights were still blinking yellow...BIG Surf on the Lake...its another RED flag day here in West Michigan, water came in cold last night, 45 degrees...heard on the radio we have gone 672 consecutive days without hitting 90 degrees AIR TEMPS! Which come to think of it, corresponds to the last fresh dropped gold I've found on this desolate stretch of beach...If any of you Southerners need a place to cool off, this is it! .[attachment 316223 july14-15-4.jpg]

Flailed the 70 across the sand, found 2 pennies in the first half hour and thought, this is another BAD day for beach sweeping, but a guy never knows after a storm what may wash up......Then I found this paddle! Carbon fibre! Made in the USA even! It retails for $350!..:surprised:..Feather light! And a hell of a lot easier to stuff in Rosie than that Leather Chair I found last year! [attachment 316224 july14-15.jpg]

Headed home and stopped at a park where there was a baseball tournament over the weekend to look for fast beer money.....F70 set at 52 sens...started sweeping up freshies and also found a fresh tube of deodorant which will come in handy..The Sac dollar and the Q's and D's got me where I needed to be to purchase my daily medicine..:thumbup:..[attachment 316225 july14-15-2.jpg]

Got this 'Participation Award' which I took as a sign of inspiration regarding success in any endeavor, and especially appropriate for today... all a guy really has to do is get up early and show up!:rofl: I would frame it, but my names not 'Chri'..plus, I got enough 'Participation' awards in the form of scars all over my body..:lmfao:....Thinking about it, most all of my huge monetary rewards this Sport have delivered have been early morning eye finds...the detector is just a prop that makes me look like I have a legitimate reason to be out there.!:lmfao:

Mud

seen the paddle and thought it was your new beach digger :unsure: might make a good handle for a scoop ? but then if you can get 300 for it get a scoop and some medicine :biggrin:

AJ

Another great Mud adventure and BTW--you are a solar weather person and according to a report I read yestiddy ole sol is going to sleep in about 10 years and you better trade Rosie in for a dog team and brush up on yo mushin' skills. These folks said they can predict with 97% accuracy so git ready.

Nice early morning hunt. Good job on the paddle. Those are hard to find. Never found one myself. Good job! Rare to find a spot one can neatly dig around here now. Oh, and if you haven't heard, its a tad warm here, too. HH jim tn

Yeah, Doc...entering a Maunder Minimum it seems, good thing if a guy is a fiddle maker I suppose, but is sure is tough cold duty for a barefooter! ...I check Spaceweather.com every morning watching for in an incoming Carrington Event... a guy cant get caught unprepared right? Hey AJ..I briefly thought about sawing the shaft off that paddle to make a straight shaft set up for my main broom or something, but then decided like you said, I'll just sell the damn thing...Jim, you have had an interesting Life of both High heat and Low cold...which do you prefer? I guess Cold...at least then a guy can dress appropriately!:lmfao:
Mud

To answer your question Mud, 6 months north in the summer and 6 months south in the winter. The best of both, you see! HH jim tn

I never found a paddle before. Hmmm first time for everything. Good find and hope the person that lost it isn't floating around out there.:shrug: What is that saying,
" Up the creek......

that's the way Jim :clapping: rest of us can dream right :poke: I gunna have to find a pile of gold to pull that one off.

yeah cash is the go Mud, you sure find some interesting items, who leaves a paddle behind :unsure: or even better what's going through their head glad there are some stranger people than me out there gives me some hope :wiggle:

AJ