Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Quandary. What would you do?

DaveNV

I pre-ordered a NOX 800 on Jan 5, with a larger, well-known seller. After I got my latest (2nd in two months) communication from them, last Friday, saying that I should not expect the detector until sometime in April, I decided to look around. I sent out e-mails asking the availability of the 800. Monday, I got an e-mail back from one dealer, who said he had one. I completed the sale and I received it today.

My dilemma: Should I cancel the pre-order or just take delivery and sell it, possible at a profit? Some might say, "That's not fair (which is a completely subjective concept); why should you have two, when there are so many who haven't gotten one yet?" Were I to hold on to it to resell, I would be taking a risk that by April, Minelab would have caught up with NOX production, rendering my potential "profit" as unlikely. Also, I did nothing illegal or immoral in acquiring the detectors, so I should be able to do whatever I want with them, Right?

For those who want to flame me, I already called and cancelled my pre-order. But, it does raise an interesting question.

IF and that is a big IF minelab does finally produce enough detectors to meet the demand by some time in April you could very easily wind up owning two of them and no real market for a machine priced even less than MMAP. But the demand may still last a while as there are a lot of us who have taken a wait and see attitude. The only advantage i see over my current arsenal is weight, speed and the possibility of finding smaller gold items. Still waiting to see reports of guys using them at the beach and what kind of depth they are obtaining.

I don't see a quandary...you paid your money for both machines and can do as you please IMO....

Hunt with it for a while and see what is has to offer - at least at that point you'll know a little better if you want to ride the wave or not....I know of three Nox 800s that sold in the last three days for $1370, $1210, and $1195 so there's no question about the demand.

The Nox 800 that sold for $1195 yesterday was a USED model by the way....

Just my two cents!

Another one sold in the last three days for 1300 on the auction site

And these are the ones we know about

Buy it and list it on the auction site and make some $$$

Cancel and let someone move up the list. Better Karma. Also, when ML finally starts shipping in sufficient numbers, possibly at the time yours is shipped, there is going to be glut on the market.

Listen...... last year Christmas shopping i talked to a guy who had like 50 games he was about to pay for.... the were all the say and highly desirable. He said im buying them ..... taking a chance and selling them on E-bay a couple of days before Christmas when they run out ...hopefully. I see no one getting hurt here but maybe you. ML ....got their money..... dealer got his money...... and who ever you sell it to got their machine........ win win for everyone.

by the time you get it they will be everywhere so no money will be made just a 2nd hand detector so it will run you a loss. check ebay Australia they are just sitting there unsold the 600 and 800 so that's the story.