Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A question about gold and....

Old Katz

On the MXT forum I asked the following question and got this answer regarding gold .2 to 4 grains

Question: If the MXT at 14 khz can pick up gold that small then what is the point of the GMT operating at 50khz?

Answer:Because the MXT will only barely make a sound on that size of gold and the GMT will sing loudly, and gold that size being worth about $1 it add up quick, I know that if I see a dollar laying on the ground I will pick it up everytime, the same with a 1/3 grain of gold if I can find it I will put it in my poke.

NEW QUESTION: Will the 505 sound off louder than the MXT on the same size gold?

Katz

????????

The 505 won't hear gold anywhere near that small. It only has a coins type mode and is not sensitive to small targets. The 705 has a prospecting mode and would be somewhat comparable to the MXT when in that mode when fitted with a high frequency coil (18.75kHz). The 505 won't hear anything smaller than about 2 grams, with the standard coil on and then only if it were just about touching the coil.
Mick Evans.

Hummmm. Sounds like I would be better off having the GMT if and when I get a change to do any serious gold nugget hunting, and use the
other detectors like the MXT, the AT Pro and 505 for coin and relic hunting. Yea, I know its nice to have just one detector that can do it all
but heck, the 50khz sounds like it would do the better job.
Katz