Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A question about Lower Arkansas River

airburst93

I live in S.E.Arkansas near the Arkansas River.Real close to the mouth of the river where it hits the Mississippi.I,ve read about flour gold in the upper AR.My question is would that flour gold make it down this far?I,ve seen what I believe to be black sand mixed in with regular sand and when the river is high in the spring the current runs mighty fast.Just thinking that there might be some of that flour gold down here.I,m not talking about get rich stuff,just maybe some color.Panning would be my way to go about it.Below the last dam on the river all land below the mean high water mark is public so no problems.What do you real gold prospectors think?

i know that the here in Ohio has gold from way up north. They should be some gold there, it will be fine. Just get you a 5gl. bucket full and set to panning it. not to much in the pan at a time, keep the pain under the water most of the time you are panning, that way it will go to the bottom better. Good luck If you find a oz. in one pan call me. flintstone

Thanks Flintstone,that,s good advice.I,m gonna try it out this summer when the river goes down,if I get that ounce in a pan I,ll let you know.One thing for sure we got plenty of sand here!Thanks again and good luck with your own endeavors.

Thanks Flintstone,that,s good advice.I,m gonna try it out this summer when the river goes down,if I get that ounce in a pan I,ll let you know.One thing for sure we got plenty of sand here!Thanks again and good luck with your own endeavors.
93, If you have alot of sand, dig down till you hit bigger rocks. The small gold will go down through the sand and stop at clay or bigger rocks, you might find some in sand after flood, but don't take long for it to sink.

When I was in Texas a friend of mine said he was going to LA?
I said why the hell do you want to go to California.
He said not California Lower Arkansas you know LA

Thanks Flintstone,only problem is it,s about 100 ft.down to any rocks.I,ll look for the occasional gravel bar for sure and sometimes you can find where the current has scoured down to clay.Good advice that I can modify to fit my situation.Thanks again for your help,it,s much appreciated.I should say that this is an ever changing body of water,never the same from one week to another.