Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A question about the material in the reference links

Just a quick question about the target picture and accompanying spreadsheet.

First an foremost - thanks to the author for the effort and valuable data.

And now my question - when I look over the targets labeled (C1 - C15, G1-12 and so on) I do not understand why most of the readings indicate that 22.5 (the blue range) is the dominate frequency in nearly all cases. Be it Normal or Raw the spreadsheet shows that 22.5 is the top frequency in most cases and that simply has not been my "in the field" experience. 2.5K (the green range) is the clad and penny range for the most part, with nickels and silver targets hitting harder in the 22.5 range. And if it is a red/7.5k target I normally ignore it because I have never dug a single target in that range worth keeping thus far. I am sure I am giving up some possible finds in the red, but I am missing much more frustration so I can live with that. Is it possible there is some confusion in the data presented, or am I misinterpreting what is being presented, or something else entirely?

Thanks,

The Shark

Not sure about the spreadsheet, I never used it.

2.5K will be the dominate frequency for clad, real pennies, and silver. 7.5k can be Indian pennies, zinc pennies, gold and real pennies. 22.5 will be nickels and gold.