Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Question concerning the Minelab 8' fbs search coil

Confetrit

I have a question concerning the Minelab 8' the search coil. I was wondering if anyone here has used this coil on their their fbs detector (Etrac, Safari, Quatro, or Explorer), and if so, what is your take on this coil, good or bad. I have a Sun ray 8' Stealth coil that I seem to be having a problem with pairing this to the Safari. I'm considering trying the Minelab 8' coil, but would first like to hear some true reviews from those that have used this particular coil and are familiar with it. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance. Kevin

Kevin…Define “pairing”. Like…you plug it in and it acts funny? If you plug it in the machine shuts down? You plug it in, the machine still stays on but it won’t detect anything? You’ve had the Sunray for awhile and it has worked fine but recently theres a problem? What exactly is it doing, just out of curiosity…?

Kevin…Define “pairing”. Like…you plug it in and it acts funny? If you plug it in the machine shuts down? You plug it in, the machine still stays on but it won’t detect anything? You’ve had the Sunray for awhile and it has worked fine but recently theres a problem? What exactly is it doing, just out of curiosity…?
The Sun ray is sporadic. It works fine, and then it will be signalling all over the place. It will still do this after shutting the detector off and doing a factory reset and scrolling through the menu and the settings. I believe I may have a broken wire going down into the coil. I hate this too, the coil still looks new, and I have been particular when using this coil. I love the size of the 8' coil. I just received today the Minelab 8' Pro coil for the fbs Safari. I'm looking forward to giving this coil a try. IDXMonster, Thanks for the reply.

The Sun ray is sporadic. It works fine, and then it will be signalling all over the place. It will still do this after shutting the detector off and doing a factory reset and scrolling through the menu and the settings. I believe I may have a broken wire going down into the coil. I hate this too, the coil still looks new, and I have been particular when using this coil. I love the size of the 8' coil. I just received today the Minelab 8' Pro coil for the fbs Safari. I'm looking forward to giving this coil a try. IDXMonster, Thanks for the reply.
Of course, I hope the ML 8” solves your issue! I absolutely LOVE the X-8, and would like to know how the ML compares when you have a chance to test it out! My cable on my X-8 also eventually broke a couple wires and I had to chuck it, nobody would fix it and there’s nothing I hate worse than going hunting for tough targets with sketchy equipment….it’s hard enough already, right?😃

Of course, I hope the ML 8” solves your issue! I absolutely LOVE the X-8, and would like to know how the ML compares when you have a chance to test it out! My cable on my X-8 also eventually broke a couple wires and I had to chuck it, nobody would fix it and there’s nothing I hate worse than going hunting for tough targets with sketchy equipment….it’s hard enough already, right?😃
Yes sir, it is. I'll let you know here shortly of what I think about the Minelab 8' Pro coil. These are rather hard to find. They are a bit pricey, but they come with the graphite lower rod, and the mounting hardware. I'll be testing it out soon. Thanks for your response.

I have a question concerning the Minelab 8' the search coil. I was wondering if anyone here has used this coil on their their fbs detector (Etrac, Safari, Quatro, or Explorer), and if so, what is your take on this coil, good or bad. I have a Sun ray 8' Stealth coil that I seem to be having a problem with pairing this to the Safari. I'm considering trying the Minelab 8' coil, but would first like to hear some true reviews from those that have used this particular coil and are familiar with it. Any help would be most appreciated. Thanks in advance. Kevin
Kevin,I use one on my Etrac only when I encounter nail infested
iron,when I need that better separation,deep as I got with it was a 8” civil war 3 ringer.Only bad review I have on it is it’s alittle heavy for that size of Coil

Thanks for your reply Rick In Ky. I purchased the 8' coil about a week and a half ago. I haven't had a chance to take it out on a Relic hunt yet, but I tested it out on a school playground, and was really impressed with this coil, right up until 2 sheriff's deputies showed up, ran my ID, and asked me to leave. This coil was hitting coins that I had missed with other coils. I believe I'm really going to like this coil. It was a little surprising to be a little heavy for a smaller coil, but not overwhelming. 8' on a 3 finger is not bad at all for a smaller search coil. I hunted the playground for just under an hour and found 1 quarter, 2 dimes, 1 nickle, 3 stinkin' lincolns, and some kids junk jewelry. Best of luck to you out there, and be safe.