Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A question for 2200 users.......

JB(MS)

I'm constantly buying, selling and trading detectors and a few days ago traded for a like new 2200. When I tried it I found it reads down scale with both the audio and meter on a dime deeper than four inches and a quarter deeper than 5 and a half inches. By downscale I mean it drops from a dime or quarter signal to a zinc penny signal. The ground here is virtually mineral free, so it isn't the problem. I've had three 3300's and although the meter would only ID correctly to 7 inches or so they held a tone to their maximum depth. My question is do all 2200's drop a tone and meter ID on deeper coins. Thanks for any replies.

mine doesn't. past 7 maby bounce a little but 5" on something like a penny or a silver dime its steady and consistant

I traded the 2200 to a local guy who only hunts for shallow coins. I explained, and showed, him how the meter and tones dropped but he said for his purpose it'll be fine.

It sounds to me like that 2200 is out of calibration. It just needs to be taken in along with the coil(s) for this service to be performed. HH.

Walt