Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A question for long time T-2 users.

dave5710

I bought my first T-2 in the spring of 2007. And I traded for a second one since. Normally I run it with full discrimination most all the time. This year I have noticed that I am digging lots of pull tabs, beaver tails and bottle caps, that I never use to. I don't pay alot of attention to the screen, I just sort of hunt by ear. I figure it is an internal problem, but was wondering if a bad coil could cause this? I also notice that I am getting much better depth with the back-up machine. Both are 6.0 machines. What would cause I detector to get out of whack? Time? Heat? or being bounced around in the truck of the car? I figure I will be sending it in, but is there something I can do to prevent this. Thanks for your responses.

My F75 is hitting those same targets.It never used to. .........makes me wonder....... Most of us had a light and somewhat wet winter..... could this have altered the ground allowing targets to be more
conductive ??

ive been digging tons of pulltabs also i set the disc at 21 most of the time at school yards all the way up to 50 run 1+ tones dig everthing that pinpointes good , so dave are getting descent depth with your t2 i know when my 11 inch dd coil went bad on my f70 i lost alot of depth and it was a chatter box hh

ez - I felt I was getting decent depth, but like I said, my back up T-2 seems to be getting more depth. And I did notice some increase in chatter this spring. Yesterday I pulled a Barber dime, at 6 inches, with the back up, from an area I have worked a grid over a couple times a year since I bought the original. So maybe this has been getting a little worse every year. On one of my first outings with the back up, I pulled a silver Rosie from 8 inches, and that really blew me away. I never got that from my first unit, not on a dime anyway. It won't hurt to send the whole thing in and have it checked out. Then if I need the coil replaced, I'll just have them send me one when they return the unit, from the factory.

Thanks for the responses guys, It's good to know that I'm not just imagining things.

are you running at full disc. i hunt that way when hunting for clad unless i'm in a wood chip playground. the only thing you're finding that i get is the bottle caps. a lot of times they will read just like a quarter

Yes I do most of the time, Chuck, but bottle caps were never much of a problem. This year I seem to find all that little trash. Bigger pieces of soda and beer cans a few inches deep, have always been a pain, but this year its everything. I get an overload signal on shallow cans.

the difference in running in disc vs all metal is the processes, all metal will never false it is perfect, but it would be nice to have multi tones in all metal mode because you could haul ass hunting by ear which is what i prefer to do also. My best fix for this is to hunt in disc mode 20, tones 3, and don't crank the sensitivity if you're in town, out in the country where there should be minimal emi you can crank up the sens and enjoy. If you want to hunt just silver any other unit in the Greek series from Teknetiics is better for that purpose anyway, I have an Alpha 2000 with an 11" DD coil that will hunt fast, deep and as good as any unit ever made by any manufacturer without a large expense of ownership,

Guys just curious have you cleaned your coil covers lately? I had a similar problem and my detector wasn't identifying targets right and was a little aggravating to ground balance. I took and cleaned out the dirt and sand out of it and that fixed the problem. Later and HH!