Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A question for Monte or other tech knowledgeable people

Southwind

I've noticed that Garrett is boosting a spec which I'm not familiar with. Hoping someone can shed some light on this aspect of metal detecting.

On the new ATM Garrett says part of the "improved performance" includes a 175 points of Ground Balance resolution. Just what exactly is GB resolution and how does it improve performance.

Also how does this compare to main stream detectors?

What is considered good and poor GB resolution?

Thanks

not an expert but guess it just makes for more minor adjustments (like getting it spot on) like a F19 would have 100 points potentially ...

AJ

I would guess this is more a marketing thing than any really great improvement in performance. I believe most detectors that do a ground balance are 0-100. Unless the Max has real-time groung tracking, I doubt a higher resolution of ground balancing results in significant improvement in performance. The ground is not a homogenous mix of minerals with uniform moisture levels. I would guess, at higher resolutions, even temperature and pH and soil density could make a difference. Even with real-time ground tracking, I doubt a higher resolution ground balance would make that much difference in performance. We need Keith Southern or Nasa Tom to chime in to get the real skinny on this.

and breaking it down into {more} finer segments..
Think of a pie sliced into 175 slices instead of say, 100; same size pie, smaller slices. :lol: