Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A question I have been curious about.

Has there been any reports/experiences of Legends leaking when used in the water?
Good question.
In all the research i have done I haven’t seen one legend with a leak issue. But interesting to see. Can probably also do a google search “ metal detector leaks”
and see which ones come up, would
give a good idea which ones have leak issues.

So a quick google search results

Attachments

• E1E93C91-81D4-4B6E-9D2B-2097001BC109.jpeg
    E1E93C91-81D4-4B6E-9D2B-2097001BC109.jpeg
    375.3 KB · Views: 75
Ive been watching youtube videos of someone diving with their Legend

Has there been any reports/experiences of Legends leaking when used in the wate

Has there been any reports/experiences of Legends leaking when used in the water?
my legend was in the first batch to hit the U.S one of the first thing I did was fill my bath tub up with water and set my legend in the tub with it booted up left it in over night it was still working the next morning and no signs of water intrusion, I do also know what I did is not the same as going into a large body of water, but it was all I could do to test as I am no where near a large body of water

I have also been keeping an eye out for any reports of water intrusion, so far from what I can tell there has been zero reports of water leakage into any Legends, I would think by now if any had leaked it would have been posted to the moon because there are to many that want the chance to say Nokta/Macro failed in that department and give the Legend a bad rap, and say we told you so, so far the reports have been pretty good

my legend was in the first batch to hit the U.S one of the first thing I did was fill my bath tub up with water and set my legend in the tub with it booted up left it in over night it was still working the next morning and no signs of water intrusion, I do also know what I did is not the same as going into a large body of water, but it was all I could do to test as I am no where near a large body of water

I have also been keeping an eye out for any reports of water intrusion, so far from what I can tell there has been zero reports of water leakage into any Legends, I would think by now if any had leaked it would have been posted to the moon because there are to many that want the chance to say Nokta/Macro failed in that department and give the Legend a bad rap, and say we told you so, so far the reports have been pretty good
Yep

Im glad i got mine, i was one of the first in the u.s. to get it, and have been happy with it. as far as the new machines coming out by other manufacturers i think they are just more hype and more $ out of your pockets, although they do look nice. Glitter and shine

I’m a non swimmer so if I yell mine is leaking please throw me a life preserver…..

I used my F5 at a scene where shots had been fired and found the bullets!!!! Now retired my card is with several local agencies.
One month ago we had four students murdered in an off campus apartment. The murder weapon, a Kabar style fixed blade they advise has not been found. My understanding is the FBI used a team in the middle of the night to check a possible escape route. They wont say if it was found anyways to keep integrity of the case close to their chest.
I would of loved to seen a couple Ninjas swinging detectors in the dark…..

I used my F5 at a scene where shots had been fired and found the bullets!!!! Now retired my card is with several local agencies.
One month ago we had four students murdered in an off campus apartment. The murder weapon, a Kabar style fixed blade they advise has not been found. My understanding is the FBI used a team in the middle of the night to check a possible escape route. They wont say if it was found anyways to keep integrity of the case close to their chest.
I would of loved to seen a couple Ninjas swinging detectors in the dark…..
From my understanding that investigation was pretty botched in the beginning did I actually took one of the news crews about two weeks later to note that none of the woods behind the house was even roped off as a crime scene, indicating that it wasn’t even searched after that, aired the next day, they roped it off and searched it

The reporter who brought that up was actually a retired homicide detective from the East Coast

Its hard to tell fact from fiction on this one. Small town and a very large crime, were mistakes made? Small ones….. unless people went up on that embankment it was still “secure” the next day. FBI and State Police on scene day 2 of this.
I hate arm chair cops, anyone can look at something on TV and tear it apart. They were not here and do not know what steps were taken. Social media has created more problems than assets.

Its hard to tell fact from fiction on this one. Small town and a very large crime, were mistakes made? Small ones….. unless people went up on that embankment it was still “secure” the next day. FBI and State Police on scene day 2 of this.
I hate arm chair cops, anyone can look at something on TV and tear it apart. They were not here and do not know what steps were taken. Social media has created more problems than assets.
No i know just was at least a week later and the reporter a retired homicide detective from DC went out there and pointed that out live on tv then the next day they taped it off and searched it while he was still there.
Not a social media story but fox news live.
A coincidence they were going to search it over a week later after he was there?
If so why did they wait over a week to search behind the house.
Just relaying what they said and saw live.
Maybe it was searched already and they did it again? I don’t know