Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Red Racer Post !!!

OregonGregg

Weather is finally starting to get better, so met up with Monte for a bit at a local spot. Still can't quite get into our ol' ghost town sites yet. So I used the Original (Red) Racer with the 7" Concentric coil. The more I use this 7" coil the more I am really liking it. This site we hunted is littered with nails etc and with ID Filter at 10 it sounds like constant machine gun fire. I put the ID Filter at 21 just enough to knock out nails and hunted. The merc dime, dog tag ( favorite find for the day) and several of the wheats, that 7" coil sniffed them out. I was very pleased with how it unmasks the goodies in the iron. Great coil. I sure wish they would have made this coil for the CoRe.

Anyhow was a fun to finally get out for a bit and do some detecting. Monte was using the Relic and snagged a few wheaties.

I always like hearing about your hunts and Monte's. Keep us posted!

I see that old dog still hunts. I'm patiently waiting for the Kruzer accessory coils to be released. Hope to see you and Monte on the May WTHO.

I'm happy to read anything besides stuff about the kruizer right now. Not that it's a bad machine or anyting but it seems like that's all that's getting posted my poor racer is just sitting sad without anybody talking about it anymore lol. My Relic feels even worse because nobody's posted about it since before the impact release LOL.
Nice finds Gregg glad the weather is clearing up looks like we still got another month or two here in Michigan

Edit: with how much you Rave about it you really make me want to get that 7-inch concentric for my Racer 2. How does it run on the Racer 2?

My response is that I keep a 7" Concentric coil mounted full-time to my Nokta Impact and one attached almost permanently to my Makro Racer 2. This is exactly the search coil I have asked for, literally, since I got my first FORS CoRe and then original Racer in my hands in early 2015. I hoped for one when the Relic and Racer 2 came out to start 2016. January of 2017 saw the Impact arrive ... but it, also, came without a functional-size Concentric coil. I pleaded my case again in late March a year ago that I really would like to see a Concentric coil for these models in the 6" to 7" diameter size to complement the smaller 'OOR' and 5" DD coils.

July 28th of last year Dilek announces the 7" Concentric coils for the Impact and Racer 2 and I was almost extremely happy. Oh, I was very pleased, indeed, because with the 7" Concentric on my Racer 2 as well as on the Impact, it improved the all-around general purpose performance for me of each of these detectors. I would have been extremely pleased to have a 7" Concentric for my CoRe and one for my Relic as well. Unfortunately, progress intervened and making new coils for those two models wasn't a good 'fit' for the apparent direction Nokta and Makro were gearing up for their future.

For every-day hunting, my Racer 2 ... [size=small]which is one of my two always-in-the-vehicle detector travel companions for any immediate need when I chance upon a potential site to hunt[/size] ...and Impact use the 7" Concentric coil. Wh3en I get into especially dense iron debris sites and want a smaller size coil, I do have the 5" DD coils on lower rods for these models, but instead I just grab my main-use Relic w/5" DD or CoRe w/'OOR' DD as they are already set up for those environments.

If you get a 7" Concentric mounted on your Racer 2, and you hunt with it over several days to a week's time in all the typical site conditions you normally search, I think you will reach the same conclusion Gregg and I and many others have since that coil's release. It is about 'the best' general-purpose search coil you could own. Handles more 'average' trashy conditions well, and provides me very acceptable depth-of-detection when needed. Balance is very comfortable as well.

It's only mid-March so I'd encourage you to get your 7" Concentric coil ordered as soon as possible to be ready for a season full of hunting in 2018.

Monte

Nice finds. I like the dog tag as well. The name "Malheur County" struck me. I didn't know such a County existed. Being half french, I know the word malheur means misfortune or tragedy.

Yes the word " Malheur" stems back from the early 1800"s fur trappers that came to this area. I think they were part of the Hudson Bay. They had a site where the Boise River dumps into the Snake River which eventually became Fort Boise. I think one of them was named 'Payette" as there is a small town across the river in Idaho named Payette. So yes the French had some influence naming early sites etc. In fact today you can still see their presence. If I go to the only joint in town, A&W, I can order "French Frys" :tongue: