Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Seated Liberty goes from Wish list to Hat trick in one hunt!

bigealive

This part of Minnesota was not settled until the 1870-1880 so Seated Coins were not used common. In fact, there are five of us that detect together and none of us have found one. That all changed last night. Went to a old town site that was started in 1880's but was quickly moved when the railroad came through. The hunt started out normal with a couple Indian Head pennies (1880 and 1883) and as I was headed back to the truck I noticed a fairly large grove of Oak trees and figured I would give them a shot. After fifteen minutes and no good beeps I was ready to go so started walking towards the truck again and ding a good signal. 6-7 inches down out pops a silver dime. 1891-O dime, my oldest silver and a SEATED. I was pretty amazed. I circled back and hit another signal twenty feet away, same depth and size. I dug it up and broke my five minute old record with a 1890 Seated. Now I was excited so circled around for a half hour and got one more good beep, dug it and broke the record again. It was a 1888-S dime. It was getting dark and had a good twenty-five minute drive so off I went with 2 Indians and a Hat trick of Seated Liberty Dimes. Oh and of course had to call all four of my huntin' buddies to brag. I guess I am in my own Little Seated Club around here now!!!! Thanks for Looking!!! Todd

congrats on the hat trick.i know what you mean the area i am in is about the same but i have been lucky enough to find 2.ie sure is a good feeling when you find 1 much less 3 great hunt

Super hunt. Odd how you wait and wait for some old silver coin and then lightning strikes 3 times in the same spot. There have been some great hunts posted here in the past 24 hours.

Chris

I would like to go back today but I have to finish my bookwork and invoicing but at this rate I won't be done with it until midnight. Thanks for the comments and back to the grind.

WOW WTG Big what a hunt!! That is why I hunt because you just NEVER know!!!!:clapping::thumbup:

Beautiful!:clapping:Too cool, man!:please:What an awesome day! Congrats!:cheers:Happy Hunting!