Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

a short hunt in the drizzel and cold

gear box

talk about extreme weather we went from upper 90's to mid 50's today. I haven't been out for awhile but went out for a couple hour's in the drizzel. The fairgrounds was busy today so I went to a park a few blocks away that has been hit fairly hard over the years. I don't recall finding too much there but I have found some mercs and wheaties but the park dates back to the 1800's so the potential is there. I went to a corner of the park that held a old school that was torn down some 40 years ago. My first target was a 1925-s wheat the second target and the best one was a 1893-O Barber quarter. It wasn't very deep, maybe 4/12" and the signal indicated two tones that were close to the same pitch. It turned out to be a crumpled up pulltab in the hole with it. I got one more wheat before it started raining a little too hard for me. I was using the 10" tornado and just crawling along. My sens. was at 11:00. Almost forgot, I wasn't using a meter I was going on tones only. My meter is being repaired.
Good luck Gary

Good job, and that place is worth working hard because a barber quarter at that depth should have been found, even with the pulltab in with it, if the site had been worked hard with a machine as good as the Sovereign. Chances are the site has been worked over by machines not in the Sovereign's class, or by people who don't utilize a good machine to it's full potential. I've found that the Sovereign doesn't seem to average a tab and a coin all the time like it would on my other machines. Normaly when two targets are overlapping at the same depth so it's possible for both to be washed in the field at the same time, the VDI # ends up being halfway between them on the scale. Often when I tested this the Sovereign would keep the 180 #, or only drop it to say 173 or 176, which is still a "dig me" coin signal in my book.