Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A short hunt with my daughter

[attachment 313270 image.jpg]Today my daughter and I went to the park and I watched her play for a while. Then I asked her if she wanted to look for treasure. She was really excited about it. I pulled my detector from the car and began to hunt. This was her first real hunt. It was cut short however by the rain. I thought maybe it would last only for a little while. I did not have my rain cove for the compadre so to covered the speaker with my hand and kept swinging. My daughters 1st signal that she dug up was this ring. It had no markings inside, but has the look of silver and is definitely not stainless steel. Regardless of what it is made of I will not be adding it to the collection. She confiscated it and all the coins we found 3 dimes and 2 pennies. They sure learn sound business practices while they are young. Our hunt only lasted 15 minutes before we had to make a break for it. A torrential down pour soon followed and we barely made it to the car. It was a short hunt, but seeing her smile reminded me once again why I love this hobby and I hope she does for
many years to come. HH

Sounds great! How old is your girl? Mine is not quite at the age to be interested yet but I'll remain hopeful.

excellent 1st find ,

n/t

Habanero. My daughter is six. She asked if we could go again tomorrow. I can't wait till she can swing the compadre herself. Only problem is then she will want my Compadre. I will have to buy her one because I plan to keep the one I have. Too many memories in just 4 years of using it. Those who don't know may say they are all the same compadre, but for some reason I don't think so. I want to keep the one I have.

Approximately 30 years ago I took my best friend's daughter out and I can still see her face and smile when I turned around and she was beaming-holding up a shiny new quarter she had just found.