Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A shout out to Gulf Hunter and

JohnA

his post regarding detecting settings on the Excal, by way of cjc. I have been using a really quiet threshhold in the water with excellent results. We are horribly sanded in and the surf was rough today, so I hunted the dry sand and a little wet sand up high for 4 hours with the threshold set at water level, which meant silent search. You experienced hunters probably hunt this way sometimes anyway, but it is new for me. Got 6.28 in clad, which included 7 nickles, a ton of pulltabs, foil etc. , a 925 silver True Love Waits ring, a 925 plated Tourmaline ring, a broken junker ring and a Tungsten/Silver wedding band on it's way to it's owner. No gold, but with the nickels, I think I would have found some if I had passed my coil over it. I am cutting back on the threshhold on all my machines and I seem to be finding more. Thanks to all you guys for the continuing info.

Hey John, sounds like it is working well for you. I have since learned to also be sure to check it periodically, by turning the volume back up to barely audible. The reason I do this is to make sure the unit is not in that "high pitched strained tone", that Clive writes about, where the unit is "not dealing well with the ground and losing depth". It is especially noticable on the 1000, as it is reading a greater patch of ground. I have been using an 800 more lately and it is not so sensitive to all the constant adjustment in the Sensitivity. Best of luck and keep us posted mate and keep up the good work! OBTW, by the sound of the targets you DID recover, I see gold in your VERY near future.