Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

a silver ring and big gold

kansa54

Found this stuff last Fri. but have not been able to transfer photos with my camera.
Detected a couple of local parks with my tesoro vaquero and ended up having an awesome day. Day started slow but finally found the silver ring and a couple bucks in change. I felt like that was a decent day, so I went home and ate breakfast. After I ate I decided to go back out for about an hour. Went to another local park and thought I would look around the basketball court. Usually when I get out of the pickup I will cherry pick until I get close to the court and than I will dig everything. This time I set my disc. just before nickel and thought I would dig any strong hit. Sure glad I did because the first thing I dug was this 22k gold bracelet.

:thumbup:Nice chunk of gold:thumbup:

Dude! :surprised::yikes:

Thats a huge chunk of 24k! Outstanding find! Now what are you going to do with it? You can go to a website called Goldcalc and see what its worth today...dont sell it at a local shop no matter what..CONGRATULATIONS!.
Mud

mudpuppy said:
Dude! :surprised::yikes:

Thats a huge chunk of 24k! Outstanding find! Now what are you going to do with it? You can go to a website called Goldcalc and see what its worth today...dont sell it at a local shop no matter what..CONGRATULATIONS!.
Mud
Yeah Mud, you got that right about not selling to the local shop. After I found it, I stopped by the local jeweler to hear what he would say about it. He tested it and said it was at least 22k and possibly more, he than went to the back of his shop and said he weighed it and told me it weighed 24.2 grams. He offered me 525 dollars for it. Of course I declined. I went home and figured the value of 22k gold at 1200 an ounce wieghing 24,2 g. Came to 858 dollars, so he was offering around 62 percent.
Now the interesting part of the story. I took the bracelet with me when I went to work where we have digital scales that have been checked and calibrated within the last year. I weighed it on 3 different scales and than all showed 37.5 g. I would like to think he just made an honest mistake, but sure makes you wonder.

Same thing happened to me on a big 24k chain...jeweler said '22k' took it to a few more and a guy with a calibrated tester gave me the straight scoop..24k...damn thing was marked 999...so I dont know why these local dealers try to short change a guy so badly...he could of offered you $1000 and still made a nice profit...but 525? rip off artist extreme!.

I just checked Goldcalc...you got $1414.00 there..!
Mud

Way to go on the monster gold find! You really know when it's 22K or higher - there's no mistake of the "yellowness" of such a find as well as its heft - those "dealers" that tried to rip you off are there for that reason only - to turn a profit! If you're interested in selling it - there are some better online reputable places that will give you a fair price - heck, I always sell my silver and gold on Ebay and almost always get >90% of scrap content for it!

Don't know if I would sell such a lovely piece as yours though! :clapping:

CZ, I doubt that I will ever sell it. Probably the only pure gold I will ever find. It's just really irritating that people try to rip you off like that. I'm sure a lot of people would have taken the $525 and not thought anything about it or even known they were getting ripped off. I hope everyone will use caution when dealing with jewelers and pawn shops.

Fine 9999... congrats on an awesome find.... ya he only offered 525 but hey that still isnt bad money for 1 hrs work....even some of best crooked lawyers dont earn that much in an hour... sweet find....