Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Small Buried Container of Gold...How Would you find it?

landman

Coin and relic hunting is fun!. However if a treasure lead of a larger
object of worth were buried in a field, forrest, back yard. What hunting protocol would you use
and what equipment or detector?

First off, I would try and access if the treasure lead was creditable. If so, then I would try and obtain permission to hunt said spot(s), If permission was granted, my detector of choice would be my Fisher F 75 LTD 2 and use the proper coil for the terrain being hunted and the same with digging tools. HH jim tn

Permission, and my CZ-6a which will hit a dime @12" with 8" coil easy.Much deeper if it were a small container of coins and paired with the 10 1/2" coil.

How sure are you that the lead is a solid lead? (no point in detecting if it's not pretty solid). How deep? How big is the container? Got permission to dig? and how deep will the land owner let you dig? shovel or heavy equipment needed? There are too many variables to give a decent suggestion as to equipment unless there are more details AND possibly a treasure map with an X marks the spot?!!lol.

I would use my Nexus with dual 9'' coils for the depth,also it offers discrimination over a PI machine :thumbup:

I will assume you have permission and all that good stuff.

I would run my detector in all metal and pretty much dig everything. Now I have jumped into the fire, but I don't have any detail as to what the container is made of and what is in the container, I know it was stated gold, but would that be gold dust, gold chains or gold coins?

I think your detector will hit the container if it is metal and not the gold inside, and if it was a wood container full of gold dust and or chains your detector would have a hard time detecting that. Now if it were coins or nuggets in a non metal container the detector would detect them either in all metal or disc.

Ron in WV