Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A special return....

Mike from MI "Iron Brigade"

Staff member
I got a message from my friend Margo asking if I could look for a pendant with my metal detector. The pendant was lost in a fatal accident of her brother in law. The pendant held the ashes of his late wife. I have searched for and returned dozens of wedding rings, class rings, cell phones, other jewelry, etc... This search was different, as the item I was looking for held someones remains. The accident scene was in the country in a poison ivy covered ditch. Right away I could see it was a very violent accident as there were vehicle parts everywhere. It was 90 degrees the day I went to look. On my way I prayed that I could find this special item for the family. The search was not easy as there were so many broken metal items everywhere and the weeds were tall. After awhile one of my signals was the pendant I was looking for. I decided I wanted to surprise Margo instead of messaging that I had found it. I went to her house where she was having a yard sale, and spent some time learning more about the accident, her brother in law, and his wife. When the time was right I told her I wanted to buy something for a quarter. I said here's a quarter and placed the pendant in the palm of her hand. She was totally surprised. After a thank you hug and a picture, I went on my way. I love blessing people by returning lost items. Last year I found a cell phone for a dad at an accident scene that belonged to his son who passed away in the accident. I thought that that recovery was the most special return to date. Now this return is. Thank you Margo for trusting me to give your family some happiness during this sad time.

1631751653755.png

1631751677692.png

That's what its all about...Great job

I got a message from my friend Margo asking if I could look for a pendant with my metal detector. The pendant was lost in a fatal accident of her brother in law. The pendant held the ashes of his late wife. I have searched for and returned dozens of wedding rings, class rings, cell phones, other jewelry, etc... This search was different, as the item I was looking for held someones remains. The accident scene was in the country in a poison ivy covered ditch. Right away I could see it was a very violent accident as there were vehicle parts everywhere. It was 90 degrees the day I went to look. On my way I prayed that I could find this special item for the family. The search was not easy as there were so many broken metal items everywhere and the weeds were tall. After awhile one of my signals was the pendant I was looking for. I decided I wanted to surprise Margo instead of messaging that I had found it. I went to her house where she was having a yard sale, and spent some time learning more about the accident, her brother in law, and his wife. When the time was right I told her I wanted to buy something for a quarter. I said here's a quarter and placed the pendant in the palm of her hand. She was totally surprised. After a thank you hug and a picture, I went on my way. I love blessing people by returning lost items. Last year I found a cell phone for a dad at an accident scene that belonged to his son who passed away in the accident. I thought that that recovery was the most special return to date. Now this return is. Thank you Margo for trusting me to give your family some happiness during this sad time.

View attachment 19135

View attachment 19136

Congrats Mike, me son, like God, you are always ready to help when the need arises! This find is very unusual & special--again you came through & made someone happy! Detecting in a Patch of Poison Ivy I couldn't & wouldn't do, as I get very sick with very itchy runny BLISTERS & believe me I avoid all poison plants, if possible--even got it bad from picking up my ex's clothes & putting them in the washing machine--he worked in construction for Laclede Gas Co in the Street Dept at that time! To me, you are a brave soul if alergic to Poison Ivy! Congrats again. on a great job done & returning it the way you did! Ma