Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A star of ?

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
My friend Dick found this beauty at a old church site yesterday. About the size of a Nickle and doesn't say sterling so not sure of the base metal. The pin is rusted off the back. Not much luck finding out its origin yet, any thoughts?
HH Jeff

Attachments

• IMG951003003.jpg
    IMG951003003.jpg
    114 KB · Views: 136
My friend Dick found this beauty at a old church site yesterday. About the size of a Nickle and doesn't say sterling so not sure of the base metal. The pin is rusted off the back. Not much luck finding out its origin yet, any thoughts?
HH Jeff
Hey laplander, what part of the country was it found in?

Maybe on the right trail, Laplander... a Congregational Sunday School pin that is similar. Probably would have been enamelled like the sample beside it.

littles-system-cross-crown-enamel-congregational-sunday.jpg

The same pins were used in a number of protestant churches, Methodists, Baptists, Congregational, etc, typically with the name of the denomination as opposed to the name of a particular church. So thinking the "P" in PCSS is not a city name Papillion or the like, but a denominational branch such as Pilgrim Congregational SS.

The only thing, in a quick look about, any of the sunday school pins I've seen online, and the ones we had as kids, all have religious symbols, the cross and crown and such, while yours has just the initials.... But that could possibly be a choice of the denomination, particularly if they had roots in the puritan movement, which the Pilgrim Congregational Church did....?

Great find, Jeff! HH, hope this helps.

Last edited:
Pawnee City Secondary School pin?
Pawnee City Secondary School is a public high school of the Pawnee City Public Schools located in Pawnee City, NE. It has 130 students in grades 7th through 12th. Pawnee City Secondary School is the 156th largest public high school in Nebraska and the 19,327th largest nationally. It has a student teacher ratio of 7.5 to 1.

Sorry, need to clean my glasses CPSS not PCSS... doh.

A Cumberland Presbyterian Sunday School pin, (CPSS) but with the lack of any religious symbols on your pin like on every example of sunday school pins posted on ebay and elsewhere, not convinced this is on the right track... :(

.Screen Shot 2020-10-11 at 9.01.28 PM.png