Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A surprisingly great hunt today...

fwcrawford

It finally cooled down some the last two days and I spent about 6 hours bush hogging yesterday and decided to get out to detect today for a break.
I went to a school close by that I tried when I first started detecting about 15 years ago.
I really was not expecting much here and although the school dates back to 1961, it has been added on to about 2-3 times over the years.
My plan was to try to find a few quarters and whatever other coins might be there, but was not expecting any silver.
Early into the hunt I found a silver dime which shocked me so I changed my plan some and started being a little more determined to find out if there was more there.
Not long after that, I found a silver quarter that apparently got hit by a mower blade, and then about an hour later I found the half dollar... my first silver Kennedy half!!
I did end up with quite a few quarters too and eyeballed the $10 bill laying next to a bench in front of the school where I had just found a clad quarter and a clad half dollar.
The odd thing about where I found the three silver coins is that this area was all woods when the school was first built and then made into a sports field many years later...
Another forum member, (Jim Conn.) stated that perhaps dirt was moved around to this area during construction of additions and the coins were deposited there.. could be!!
Thanks for looking!!
IMG_0435.JPG

It finally cooled down some the last two days and I spent about 6 hours bush hogging yesterday and decided to get out to detect today for a break.
I went to a school close by that I tried when I first started detecting about 15 years ago.
I really was not expecting much here and although the school dates back to 1961, it has been added on to about 2-3 times over the years.
My plan was to try to find a few quarters and whatever other coins might be there, but was not expecting any silver.
Early into the hunt I found a silver dime which shocked me so I changed my plan some and started being a little more determined to find out if there was more there.
Not long after that, I found a silver quarter that apparently got hit by a mower blade, and then about an hour later I found the half dollar... my first silver Kennedy half!!
I did end up with quite a few quarters too and eyeballed the $10 bill laying next to a bench in front of the school where I had just found a clad quarter and a clad half dollar.
The odd thing about where I found the three silver coins is that this area was all woods when the school was first built and then made into a sports field many years later...
Another forum member, (Jim Conn.) stated that perhaps dirt was moved around to this area during construction of additions and the coins were deposited there.. could be!!
Thanks for looking!!
View attachment 26912
Holy smokes.. you hit the jackpot and the lottery all at the same time.. two kennedy halfs, wow.. think I've only found 4-5 in 25+ yrs of detecting .. Nicely done

mark

You never know what was on the site before 1961. My grammar school dated back to the late 1800's and is now gone. I go down to Glynn county ,Ga. occasionally but never find anything old. (early 1900's). In the county's wisdom they sold the property and the school was demolished. It was a beautiful hacienda style building that could have been mistaken for a very large, fancy home. I have a feeling it has been filled a few times over the last 120 years.

What a super day!! When we are least expecting it, comes the greatest surprise!
Here you are looking for clad quarters
( which you found a 💩 load 😂) and you end up finding a $10 bill and digging a silver half, quarter and dime!!! If my foot wasn’t broken, I’d help you on that field 🫢

Sounds like no one ever detected that place before!!! Not only large coins but smaller as well, curious tho, no pennies or just not showing?? And paper money too, should have told us the security strip sounded off as foil………😂

Sounds like no one ever detected that place before!!! Not only large coins but smaller as well, curious tho, no pennies or just not showing?? And paper money too, should have told us the security strip sounded off as foil………😂
To be honest, I only dug the ones shown.. the ground is dry so I was limiting what I dug.
The quarters that I found in the area where the silver coins were found were not the newer quarters.. no state quarters or the like.
I'm sure it has been detected to some degree, but a few goodies were left as far a silver.

To be honest, I only dug the ones shown.. the ground is dry so I was limiting what I dug.
The quarters that I found in the area where the silver coins were found were not the newer quarters.. no state quarters or the like.
I'm sure it has been detected to some degree, but a few goodies were left as far a silver.
Where there is one piece of silver there is usually more. I’ll help you find it buddy 🫢