Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A/T GOLD TROUBLE

Anyone know what may be the trouble with my a/t gold . When I power it up the numbers run as fast as they can from 35 to 90 beeping very fast . will only work if I turn sensitivity all the way down to nothing. Tried other coils ,new batteries,factory reset nothing works .Never been wet . has never done this before.Thanks for any replies.

This does not sound good for a self-fix. First, ensure that the coil connection to the box is all the way in an snug. Sorry, but unless someone else here has another suggestion, probably should go back to Garrett.

aj

Make sure there is no sand stuck in the push buttons. Maybe push the buttons and blow on them or run under water. Possible electrical interference?

Give Garrett a call. Sometimes manufacturers can recommend a fix over the phone you haven't thought of.

If the suggestions don't help, call Garrett 1 800 527 4011 and run it by them. You may have to send it in.

Called Garrett no easy fix. Has to go back for repairs. With no other detector guess I'll have to get caught up on yard work I have been putting off.

Is the device repaired ?
What was the problem
It seems to me that I have the same problem with the device

Its on Its way home now ! Cant wait to get it. Don't know what was wrong with it yet. Hope they put a note of repairs done with it. Never got a call from Garrett. Will let you know when I find out.

Garrett's service is excellent, but they aren't generally very verbose in letting you know what the issue was, just a parts list in my experience.

Alons: If you've carefully checked the connections (!), ruled out EMI interference by testing at another site and trying all 4 frequencies, done a factory reset (by holding the mode button for 5 sec), made sure the cable's first wrap is over the top of the shaft and it isn't too loose/wiggly, fresh batteries properly installed, etc., it might need a trip to the Garrett 'spa'. The only time I had those symptoms was when I had a sneaky hairline crack in the coil's epoxy. It would be fine until I dunked it and then, bonkers. After a day of drying out, it was fine again. Doesn't sound like that was thinlizzie's problem, but mentioning just in case it might be yours...

Sorry it took so long to reply. All it said on packing slip was replace board and replace headphone jack. Computer crashed on day I got AT Gold back. Took awhile to get it back.

Glad they got you fixed up!