Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A.T. Pro

Nuke em

Hi all,

After a long think and seeing other people using Ace machines on the beaches I went to my local dealer and had a look at the Ace 250 , Ace 250 sports ,and the Ace 350 after getting stuck on which to buy and noticing the A.T. Pro I thought well I could do with the water proof feature so it was out with the cash and the A.T. Pro was mine .
Looking forward to getting out with it but will have to wait till I have had a good look at the manual , I will use mine on the dry beaches like I do the Terra 705 . Even though people say it works on the wet salt I wont try it there till I have sussed the machine , my ET and Explorer will be looking at me if I do :)
More than anything I need it for the wet weather that doesn't do the Terra any good , will be looking forward to seeing other people finding lots with there's and any comments about using it.

Happy hunting all.

Richard

Good choice. The AT Pro has been a great machine for me. When I first got mine I set up targets in my yard. Silver coins, an old ring, a nail, my watch and a few other odds and ends. Then I started to detect in the standard mode. I got use to the sounds made. Then switched to PRO mode and again listened to the sounds they made. Then got a little creative and combined the coin and nail and mixed and matched other things. There is a lot to learn from the book and the Garrett website videos but a hands on approach worked well for me.

Good luck with your new AT Pro and hope to see some nice finds from you soon here in the Forum.

Will do as soon as I can.

I will use it like an Ace or at least in the same tones , they seem clearer to me . Too used to the E.Trac tones really !

Its a heck of a beach sweeper! Up here even in the fresh water, Lake Michigan shoreline we have this black sand that layers up, so the signals go all squirrelly...the Pro hits targets deep right through it, but the signal might not be what you expect...I would assume it is similar to hunting wet salt, probably not as tough, but still, its impressed me and found me massive gold..I have another rig that consumes the AA's..I use it for general purpose dry weather totlots and stuff...I only use the Pro on the beach and wading and have never tried it on dirt.....When the Pro says its done with them, I take them out and put them in my other rig and get more hours out of them...so keep that in mind...:thumbup:.
Mud

I went out with the AT Pro earlier this morning and I think its proved itself , I used it in a place that is so irony that its almost impossible to get a surface target to show up . I had lots of targets like I do with the Terra 705 and had £6.04p in spendable coinage and a 1945 Sixpence and other old and foreign coins . Most of the spendable coins were 1p and 2 p coins and more than half are the later iron core type , most have cleaned up enough to be banked at some stage.

If anything there is only one criticism of the machine and its not the machine really , its the coil cover , it has broken up on the stones and shingle after only 1 trip out of 2 to 3 hours !
That will be sorted but it isn't good really.
I will keep the AT for sand duties and the Terra can handle the stones and shingle beaches along with the Go Find when I get one.
Not a bad machine and I will use it again as soon as I can get the new cover.