Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

a tale of 3 headphones

coenwolf

when i used to detect many moons ago i got fed up with going out and having proprietary headphones break on me ,this used to be due to faulty or thin(cheap) wiring or paper based speaker cones that deteriorataed with sweat or rain ,so i starting making my own and repairing /upgrading for other people . now coming back into to the game after a 6 year break the first thing i needed was a decent set again so far i have made 3 different versions the red ones with dangle lead first ,o.k but a bit high pitched tone wise ,the next blue ones were with some ear defenders off of e-bay tone fine but they are a extremely tight fit and not for longterm use ,and next the big black and red ones from peltor defenders ,the speaker cones (mylar 8 ohm ) are now set back inside a deeper ear cup ,the tones are lovely and crisp and there comfortable to wear .so it looks like three steps to heaven ,i use a high quality curly guitar lead with a stereo plug soldered on to the machine end all works fine judging by the weekends finds .

ah but i know mine give a better tone than the koss ones ,i also know that if at any time they break its a simple open up and repair/replace as needed job .