Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A taste of silver.

Jimmy Etling

Dean Wormer informed Delta Tau Chi pledge Kent Dorfman "Fat, drunk & stupid is no way go through life" has been ringing in my head the last few weeks. While a don't drink much with much being the operative word, fat and stupid are probably a pretty good fit. I can't fix stupid so in addition to starting the Paleo diet a couple of weeks ago I thought I needed to get out more and get a little exercise. I used to be a avid detectorist in the past and used the progression of Minelab's machines. I decided I would get back in the saddle and purchased a brand spanking new Equinox 800. After tinkering with it in my yard a bit and finding a copper memorial I loaded up Andy Sabich's coin program and headed to a local high school that I am quite sure has been bombarded over the years. BOY, I AM OUT OF SHAPE! After a little over an hour and a half I was starting to lock up. I did celebrate finding a wheatie early on, which was more than I was expecting. I had programmed the detector to ignore zinc pennies and was just looking for very good signals. Literally turning the corner to make my way back to the car I got a 27 signal. I had found a couple of clad dimes and was sure I was adding another and out pops a silver rosie. For the first run finding a wheatie and a rosie made my day. Well I gots to be going now and I'll see if I can stand up. I am going to be sore tomorrow. Cheers!

Attachments

• 32920.1.jpg
    32920.1.jpg
    485.4 KB · Views: 118
  • 32920.2.jpg
    32920.2.jpg
    540.2 KB · Views: 110
Last edited:
Nice Job I don't drink and I'm surely not overweight but I still do a 6-8 hour hunt I get a little sore myself.
Mark

Well Done on the Maiden Voyage with the Equinoxes 800. Nice hunts such as this will get you motivated to go more, the more you take the Equinoxes out, the more you are sure to find, and help you get in shape at the same time. A Win Win situation. Here's to HH, Good Health, and Continued Success.