Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

A Thank you too all !!!

Elton

Appreciate all the help everyone gave me with the V3i.. Answering all my stupid questions. Sometimes even twice hu Larry ??? ....LOL Anyway I did really appreciate all the patience you all showed.
Rob ( Moderator) a special thanks to you Sir. You went above and beyond helping me get the proper answers.. Sorry if I was an annoyance...( I know I was)...

I decided to pass this awesome detector on to someone who will really appreciate all it's features ( Beautiful Screen) all it's marvelous settings, and the ability to change just about everything.

I will still be reading this forum and learning.. Just in case I decide to try another one down the road ! Thanks All ... Best of luck with your detecting and finds..

Making adjustments aren't for everyone. I'm sure you will do fine with the new detector. :whites:

The V3i is a beautiful machine to work with, yet tweaking and cranking power settings to make it find 10" targets in low to moderate trash, those settings can really mix up the V3i's brain since the V is sensitive in gathering in everything under a hot coil, even bird shot. IMHO, the V3i works best when close to the factory settings. Stressing for depth seems to me to be the one pita for most new and even older users. Just be happy for cleanly seeing all treasure 8 inches and below with the D2, and run the 4x6 to the rail at RX15...it will do well all the way to 7 inches on buried quarters.

Anyway, and just my opinion, the biggest coils get the more modest pre-gain, unless you are hunting an open field where there's not much trash clutter.

You gave it a good college try! martin

Been a White's fan for many years. Grew up in Oregon, not far from Sweet Home. Loved my MXT and felt it was time to get more "advanced" since I knew my MXT so well. Ended up with the VX3 and traded it last week.

I used it for a solid 6 months and actually learned it. It was frustrating at first because its not as simple as an MXT, but I eventually learned it. Despite feeling comfortable with it, I felt its capability was best served for someone else. Like I said in previous posts, my opinion is that since the V series is SO adjustable, it's best served by someone who puts themselves in position to use the settings. Like guys that travel who go to new sites often and need that adjustability.

Like another poster said, you have to have a bond with your detector. As silly as that sounds, you need to feel comfortable with it and WANT to use it. If that connection isn't there from the beginning, you won't grow into it because you'll have doubts in the back of your mind if that detector is the right one for you.

The right detector is the one YOU enjoy using. It doesn't have to have all the bells and whistles of other more expensive detectors. Those bells and whistles don't make a detector good, but rather makes it a detector that has the ability to do different things if the environment dictates.

I'm very happy with my new machine that's less expensive. Can it adjust like the V series, no, but I'm ok with that and am really enjoying my digging time.

I encourage everyone to find THEIR right detector for them. NOT what others claim to be the best.

Have a great time hunting out there!

James

n/t